Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Central locking/Window problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:26 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 Central locking/Window problem

OK, here's my problems. Hopefully there are a few experts out there that can help me.

1- Passenger Window will not come up on my A6 diesel. If I drop it down. It comes up a bit, slows then retracts. I can close it if I hold onto the top of the glass and pull while pressing up on the button.

2- Central Locking to the passenger door is faulty. It tries to push the button up but does not disengage the lock. I have tried pulling it up with pliers but it has no affect. Obviously I need to open the door before I can sort out the Window problem!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:15 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: A6 Central locking/Window problem

The window problem is most likly broken guides that will require a new regulator.
As for the lock not disengaging, the inner handle should unlock the latch when it is pulled twice. Hopefully the childlock is not engaged.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

Tried pulling it twice but feels the same. Child Locks!!! Oh No. I didn't realise the previous owner may have put the child locks on.
What about if I put the window all the way down. Then use a hook to disengage the lock, like a coat hanger?

Old 11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
3rd Gear

You can try it but it will be tough. They use a cable on these cars to prevent people from doing that. Older cars that could be "jimmyed" use rods. How far down is the lock rod in the door panel?

Old 11-03-2007, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

Not sure how far as i haven't had a chance to look yet (Too dark outside). failing that I guess I will need to sort out the central locking first but where is the Pump? Is it in the right hand side panel in the boot? I can see a black box that I think makes a sound when i press the unlock on the remote. The red tank release pull tag is attached to it.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear

Im not sure where its at on your car. I think its in the boot on the other side thou. I dont think your problem is at the pump however since all the other doors work good. The thing with the tank release tag attached is the motor for the locking of the fuel door.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

That box is pretty big for a motor just for the fuel door, it's at least 200mm x 200mm.
So the window problem may somehow be connected to the unlocking door? Could the runners be pinching a hose or something?

Old 11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
3rd Gear

Whats a mm? JK. That is to big to be the motor for the fuel door. I dont think the two are related, but to find out were gonna have to figure out a way to get that door open so you can pull the door panel and find out.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

Millimeter. 200mm is approx 8".
OK. this morning after applying a lot of silicone spray and WD40 to the inside of the door from the window opening, it gradually got better. It actually goes up all the way on its own apart from the last 5mm. wait a couple of seconds, thenpush up and it goes all the way home!
Had a go at putting a coat hanger down to try and hook the door open but I think all I would achieve is a scratched window so I gave up. perhaps I need a piece of plastic strapping or something as this is thinner.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear

Problems are most likely unrelated.
Window regulator/clips.

For the door, I heard some guys say there was some sort of sensors that could go bad on a single door. Not sure of the exact name... sorry

Quick Reply: A6 Central locking/Window problem