Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 coming soon!!! please help me :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:18 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 coming soon!!! please help me :)

Hey guys,

Well I'll be buying a 02-04 A6 2.7T very soon. I am already puttin my list together and I am about to start odering part for it.

Here is my list so far:
-Ksport coilovers
-diverter valves (please advise which ones to get)
-front mount intercool (please advise, I really want that killer look on the front of the car
-chip (please advise which one to get)
-20% tint
-HID's (10000K's in fogs and headlights)
-EXHAUST SYSTEM..... i need a lot of help with this one. I dont want to go out and spend a grand on an exhaust. I wanna make something of my own. I have seen people cutting their cats and or their resonators off, the cutting the stock mufflers off and welding in after market mufflers? Please advise on this.
- piggies

also since I'll be getting piggies I dont want it to be too loud.. at all

Please help

Thanks,
Paul

Old 05-06-2008, 12:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 coming soon!!! please help me :)

Are you new to Audi? I would spend time searching this forum on what you are looking for. You have a good list that would enhance the performance of the 2.7T, but the fact that you want to go with a front mount intercooler tells me you are not very familiar with the cars setup.

A front mount intercooler has been done on S4's because their front ends can be modified enough (to a degree) to fit them, some people opt for an RS4 front bumper,but that is quite the opposite for the A6. You would have to cut away some of the core support plus the radiator support to accomodate a front mount and thats not even getting into how you would have to cut away the inside of the front bumper. I have never heard of a successfulFMIC install on an A6.The end result will be a very weak front end that would be destroyed if you had a front end impact. The modified S4's would not fair much better. The 2.7T is designed for dual side mount intercoolers. If anything upgrade the intercoolers with ones from AWE Tuning....minor mods for better cooling.

OOOO

Old 05-06-2008, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

Ohh... damn.. welll the front mount is off my list now.

how about exhaust.. any recommendations for not too loud but nice to hear the turbo spool? hehe

-Paul

p.s i am searching around the form.. and there are a lot of threads but no actual like reviews..... uggh imma keep searching

Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 PM
2nd Gear

do custom exhaust with magnaflows for cheap exhaust and nice sound.

SMIC more efficient IMO on our car

Chip: APR is my favorite as it is more driveable and easier on turbos. I also like their cruise control mod to switch b/w programs

DVs: go cheap with Audi TT 710N, I think they are only 40-45$. Aftermaket such as APR R1s,Forge or Hyerboostare 140-160 typically.

VAST piggies are great, nice mod for more power and reliability (less heat build up behind turbos, better spooling)

Also you'll need to get the SAMCO TBB or APR bipipe.