Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 headlight with zip ties...not sure what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 headlight with zip ties...not sure what's going on?

I am in the market for 2006 A6 and saw one that had a headlight that was lose and was holding on to zip ties. Headlight would turn on but not sure how headlight was connectedand hanging on to zip ties. According to dealer, someone probably tried to steal the headlight at auction place and that's why it's like that. Does anyone has any idea or knows what could cause this or what can be done to fix it? Is it an expense fix or just a small bracket or couple screws that could be missing. Thanks

Old 02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Default RE: A6 headlight with zip ties...not sure what's going on?

If it's a 2006 at a reputable dealer they would replace the headlight before trying to sell the car. The car may have had body damage and was poorly patched up. Beware!!!

Old 02-02-2008, 08:57 PM
3rd Gear

I wouldnt buy it without it being fixed and inspected for other damage. The whole headlight probably needs to be replaced. Usually when the headlights are trying to be stolen the headlamp mounting parts are just broken off by the thieves. They only care about the guts of the headlamp.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

Car and headlight overall looks very clean without any dings, scratch etc. Dealer sells luxury cars on ebay and other online sites. I am thinking about taking it to a closer shop and have a mechanic look at any physical damage etc.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

Dealer is getting it fixed but I still want to make sure it doesnt have any accidental damage etc.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audia6s

Dealer is getting it fixed but I still want to make sure it doesnt have any accidental damage etc.
Cough ...carfax...cough.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 AM
1st Gear

Carfax is clean. Car has no dings and is off a lease.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
3rd Gear

ZIP ties are the current name used for bailing wire. We use them to hold fenders on racing cars, belly pans on the A6, and as a key ring. I know a guy that uses them to hold his bed together anda gal that broke the clasps on her bra [sm=happy046.gif]

What's wrong with holding the headlamp in place? -- other than a bit of an alignment problem and the possibility of other things being messed up? You have to be careful that someone didn't take other shortcuts.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 AM
1st Gear

i'd be extremely careful with this one. it definitely sounds like it wasn't taken care of properly, and it's definitely shady that the dealer even has the car in sight without that being properly fixed. i don't think i would buy that one unless you take it somewhere else and are 100% certain that it's been taken care of and no more other shortcuts or hillbilly fixes have been done on any major parts. i dunno, doesn't sound like a good situation to me...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NH_USA

I know a guy that uses them to hold his bed together anda gal that broke the clasps on her bra [sm=happy046.gif]
How will you undo her Bra? that will take two hands and a wire cutter...I guess? Not impressive.

Quick Reply: A6 headlight with zip ties...not sure what's going on?