Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 tint advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A6 tint advice

ORIGINAL: a6in

i got my tint today, its 35% all the way around, i considered doing 20 in the back, but i dont know, i didnt.

i'll have pics. up later, it looks nice.

i guess its going to take awhile for all the water to evaporate though?
Don't roll down yuor windows for a week, I taped plastic cards over them.

Also keep your car in the sun as much as possible. Don't touch them.

After you need top wash them with nonamonia window cleaner such as a Vinegar based product.

Who did the tint?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

gastonia auto glass, they used Llumar. it looks good. thanks for the advice, as soon as i got home i taped up the window buttons haha, can't trust anyone. How did your back window turn out?, right now mine looks alittle crummy.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

i have 20% on all windows and 55% on the windshield..... PERFECT

Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: a6in

gastonia auto glass, they used Llumar. it looks good. thanks for the advice, as soon as i got home i taped up the window buttons haha, can't trust anyone. How did your back window turn out?, right now mine looks alittle crummy.
I heard of them. Lumar the one with ceramic that doesn't interfere with radio/XM?
GMP did mine and I ahve been happy with is, have had it for 2 years.
What I did for the forst week, actually I did 10 days, I parked on the 10th top floor of my deck so the car was in the sun all day. I also taped Starbucks/Caribou or other gift card other all the window buttons on the four doors because we don't realize but rolling down windows is kind of automatic for us, we don't even realize it, so to avoid the temptations like when getting in my parking deck to badge in or for my kids,I taped thsoe hard platic cards over the buttons for 10 days.
As for the rear window, it is a tough one and some guys have to goback a second time BUT it'll look a little crappy for a few days, give it 5-7 days in the sun and all the bubbles will go away. The edges might stay bad where all those little dots are around the the edges of the window defroster. You might have to cut right before them, but mine are fine, not perfect but way acceptable.

Hey where do you live? Post a pic of yuor car in acse I spot you around CLT...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

Here are a couple of bad pic.s of my new tint. it's 35% all the way around. the black interior makes it look darker then it really is, when it's sunny out i'll update with more pic.s

Feel free to post other pictures of tint that may be able to help out other people looking for advice on what kind of tint or shade to get.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

I thought it would look lighter... probably when the sun show up..[:-]

Old 12-29-2007, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

yea, its weird, its actually not that bad with the sun because it is very reflective, i guess making it look darker

Old 12-29-2007, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

I am about to get mine too, today. Im bout to get presidentials on the back and 15s on the rear windows mayb 25-30 on the front , never thought about doin the windshield tho

Old 12-29-2007, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

i know in nc your not allowed to do the windshield, only a five inch part above it. if you do it will make the whole car look darker though.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 PM
1st Gear

will 50% on the windshield be obvious ?
I want it a bit darker then normal... or it's not worth the money ?

Quick Reply: A6 tint advice