Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

ORIGINAL: tsbpenguin

So ANYWAY back on topic.. Lets hear some more opinions about the STi vs APR A6 race?
over hyped or over rated, there is no way that an chipped A6is going to beat a stock STI. point blank. a stock STI does a 1/4 mile somewhere in the low 13's. depending on the driver. a stock A6does the 1/4 mile in what....i'm guessing somewhere in the mid 15's maybe? i'm basing that on the nissan maxima because they are about the same size, hp, and weight. with the weight of the A6, i doubt that a chip is going to knock 3 second of the car. even if you change the tires from all season to summer, i still dont think it will happen. the STI it built to race and the A6 isnt.

btw....a REAL race doesnt isnt from arolling start. to me, that a cop out. lol...in track and field, they dont start a race from a walking start. horse racing dont start from a walking start.

my point is that you wont win.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Tha H.N.I.C

So ANYWAY back on topic.. Lets hear some more opinions about the STi vs APR A6 race?
over hyped or over rated, there is no way that an chipped A6is going to beat a stock STI. point blank. a stock STI does a 1/4 mile somewhere in the low 13's. depending on the driver. a stock A6does the 1/4 mile in what....i'm guessing somewhere in the mid 15's maybe? i'm basing that on the nissan maxima because they are about the same size, hp, and weight. with the weight of the A6, i doubt that a chip is going to knock 3 second of the car. even if you change the tires from all season to summer, i still dont think it will happen. the STI it built to race and the A6 isnt.

btw....a REAL doesnt start from a rolling start. to me, that a cop out. lol...in track and field, they dont start a race from a walking start.
Haha mid 15s no. Mid 14s yes. You honestly don't think 70hp and 130 ft lbs would lower a time at least a second? Get real dude its much more of a competition than you think.

Roll races arent a cop out. Just another form. Its not like just because you race from a roll you can ONLY race from a roll. Track and field example, they have different lengths of races. Different people are better at different lengths. Well certain cars are better at certain types of racing. If roll racing is to your advantage, why not do it.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

I liked the whole conversation about an S4 not being able to bean a Supra, ahhh well boys here'stwoclips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RObHVaIj57c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srm89...i%20s4%20supra

Old 10-19-2007, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Notice the STI is behind anyways...that's the way it should be

Old 10-20-2007, 02:36 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: EnviedA6
I liked the whole conversation about an S4 not being able to bean a Supra, ahhh well boys here'stwoclips.
Impressive. I wonder, though what the power potential of an S4 is with GT turbos, as opposed to K04s. There will be more lag, but much more total power available. I've seen a VAST setup with GT turbos and I think it made in the neighborhood of 600 horsepower. Kind of surprised they haven't been marketing the heck out of that.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:46 AM
2nd Gear

Still looking for someone to tell you what you obviously want to hear? Still trying to come to terms with the fact that your friend has a quicker car than the one you are thinking of buying?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: EnviedA6

I just watched the VIDS and yo... Spanked the sh*t outta that Supra....

Old 10-20-2007, 10:10 AM

Ok, not to hijack the thread, but since we are on the subject of A6 verse STI; I have an 03 A6 Quattro Sport 4.2 with APR chip, Millitek exhaust, 01032 tiptronic upgrade, Tein coilovers, Hotchkis sway barkit and an NX TPS nitrous kit. Was going to add the 355mm Brembo kit and wife said get it and go live in the car, so I decided to keep my bed... LOL...The car was dynoed without running the NOS at 376HP to the wheels... Do you think I have a chance against a stock STI??

Old 10-20-2007, 12:09 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: A6Quattro4.2Sport

Ok, not to hijack the thread, but since we are on the subject of A6 verse STI; I have an 03 A6 Quattro Sport 4.2 with APR chip, Millitek exhaust, 01032 tiptronic upgrade, Tein coilovers, Hotchkis sway barkit and an NX TPS nitrous kit. Was going to add the 355mm Brembo kit and wife said get it and go live in the car, so I decided to keep my bed... LOL...The car was dynoed without running the NOS at 376HP to the wheels... Do you think I have a chance against a stock STI??
Better chance than TSB, but the weight will be a problem.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: A6Quattro4.2Sport

WOW that IS impressive considering the low mod potential of the 4.2!!! 376AWHP!!!!! What dyno? I would think it should the # of HP you have at the crank! I am really impressed Isn't is 340hp crank stock? and the chip+exhaust should 20-30hp!... Anything else on it?

I think you have shot if it is your real AWHPbut the auto trany will kill you from a dig... go form a roll

Quick Reply: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?