Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abs light comes on when headlights are turned on

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 08:47 AM
1st Gear
Default abs light comes on when headlights are turned on

Okay so i have a 2001 audi A6 quattro 2.7 bi turbo with manual trans... heres the problem, first of all there is a beeping sound when i hit the brakes . Second the abs and esp light come on but only when i turn on the head lights and the beeping when i brake seems to happen more often when the headlights are on and abs and esp lights come on . Oh and for some reason or another when i hit the brakes when the headlights are on my passenger side front parking light lights up along with the brake lights in the rear lol. i do have some type of warning signals on the lcd screen on the dash how ever since the car is 17 yrs old it of course doesnt work right either... best i can make out when its not totally messed up looking is a symbol with 4 x's on it near the top and it says brake lights in the lower part of the lcd screen at times. Any help or advise on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.... things i have checked already are brake fluid level, brake pads and sensor connections, and all seems to be okay there.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by europeancarguy
Okay so i have a 2001 audi A6 quattro 2.7 bi turbo with manual trans... heres the problem, first of all there is a beeping sound when i hit the brakes . Second the abs and esp light come on but only when i turn on the head lights and the beeping when i brake seems to happen more often when the headlights are on and abs and esp lights come on . Oh and for some reason or another when i hit the brakes when the headlights are on my passenger side front parking light lights up along with the brake lights in the rear lol. i do have some type of warning signals on the lcd screen on the dash how ever since the car is 17 yrs old it of course doesnt work right either... best i can make out when its not totally messed up looking is a symbol with 4 x's on it near the top and it says brake lights in the lower part of the lcd screen at times. Any help or advise on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.... things i have checked already are brake fluid level, brake pads and sensor connections, and all seems to be okay there.
Tried a new brake light switch today after getting an abs code saying faulty brake light switch the other day and still no different everything is still the same...