Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding a little spice to the sauce

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Adding a little spice to the sauce

So I'm thuroughly in love with my A6 but i was getting to thinking about customizing, just something cheap and easy and i've been thinking about chrome accessories. I've gone on ebay and I've found accent pieces like chrome outside door hanldes or chrome rims arond theside turn markers. Just simple and easy stuff off ebay that costs 15-40 or so on ebay. Cheap and easy right? Well my concern is that on the auction statements it says "snapped in place in seconds with3m double stick tape"....Double stick tape?!? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...QQcmdZViewItemhere is an example. My question is has anyone gone through with this and tryed them out? If so, did you usesomething other the double stick?crazy glue, I don't know. Just looking for some feedback.Any and All response is appreciated.

SeattleA6
Chester

Old 10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Adding a little spice to the sauce

You have to do better than that. You have a nice car so don't play with cheap petty parts. It just won't look right. Sorry, my two cents. I believe everyone may have the same opinion on this one.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

No comment[:'(]. The idea is good but the parts are kinda suspect! Its a nice car, as is. Don't cheese it up by adding arbitrary chrome accents that will eventually de-vaule and de-face the car. It's an Audi not a 1998 Buick Regal. Sorry man! But I'm with Envied A6 on this.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

Everyone has their own tastes. At first, I had a laundry list of items I found on ebay I wanted. Chrome grill, chrome door handles, chrome signal mirrors, chrome foglight covers and even the chrome door cavities you have listed. After I looked at it all, and looked at the car, I decided it really doesn't need all that. It's an Audi. It's a luxury/sudo-sports car. I have a silver '01 2.7T. I bought the chrome grill kit but haven't put it on yet. Because of the high "cheese" factor of the kit, I haven't put it on yet. I thought they were hard, cut to size pieces. Instead they are flexible strips like you some people do for door trim or around the wheel wells. I may put them on just to see. I did buy one of those wings on their that come painted and instead of putting it in the normal location I put it on a bit lower. Looks good to me. I also got the windows tinted and forked over the $100 for vent visors (it is an airy car with the windows open). The only other thing I plan to do is get some 18" wheels. Black with chrome lip. But with winter coming soon, no need in getting them now as I plan to run stockers in the snow. I'm also looking at getting LED taillights and possibly, just maybe, the halo projector lights. But with the cool factor of having auto-leveling headlights, I may pass.

But it's your car. The only person that needs to like it is you. That's why I do what I want to do. If you did JUST the door cavity, that could be just enough to add. I probably wouldn't do much more than that.