Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ahhh slow throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear
Default ahhh slow throttle response

i was racing my bud in his oldsmobile alero and for the first two seconds he was beating my 2004 audi 2.7t s line! then i took off a bit but i really didn't beat him by all that much it kinda sucked! it was even in tip, but sometimes (more when the car is hot and the temperature outside is hot), it takes so long for anything to kick in, and it doesn't kick in very hard

it just goes 15 mph for 2 seconds then it hits 40 in another 2 seconds and like 60 3 seconds later. I took it to audi and they said nothing was wrong with the engine or turbos

so what the hell could it be? it's so ******* slow at times, at other times it feels more normal. usually right when i start the car

Old 07-10-2008, 01:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ahhh slow throttle response

Having been through 2 of these cars i think it just might be how they are. Ive heard of a chip reducing this, esp GIAC.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:04 AM
1st Gear

Does it drive fine in the morning or act up in the morning? I was having a similar problem where my car seemed to be very nice and quick in the morning but then thru out the day it would get hot and become slower.

I then insulated the MAF sensor with some cloth and now the car always feels like it does in the morning, no more "retarted" kickdown, before the car would not kick down or it would just be delayed. Now it always kicks down.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:22 AM
2nd Gear

is it good to cover the MAF with cloth?? no CEL?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 AM
1st Gear

Apparently, this is normal. I don't know all the logistics behind. The turbos emite an enormous amount of heat. Over time all that heat is induced into the engine instead of necessary cool air that is needed for making max HP! I think, not a physics major

Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 AM
2nd Gear

Not being a dick just do the math with common theory... if you have 8-9psi and you are missing 2-4psi because of heat, makes you have half the turbo power. Which your car was running 2.7 all motor (little bit of turbo)vs friend. That is the benifit of getting intercoolers and having more psi.. I drive my car a lot and can notice 1 PSI loss when it is 95-100 outside. The car doesn't spool as hard, not as much power and .3 seconds slower I have found in 0-60mph. The car runs amazing for 30mins - an hour of hitting it but obviously heats up.The octane lvl in the air decreases with heat aswell making it harder for the car to fire. Why I love the car in the winter!!! It is like a transformer!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: joetm

is it good to cover the MAF with cloth?? no CEL?
So far I've had it for almost a year and no CELs what so ever. Everyone always wonders and thinks what the heck is wrong with my engine though ha.

I found the tip Audi world tech articles. It has to do with the engine heat, heating up the MAF sensor and housing so with that, the engine thinks that the air coming in is hotter than it actually is. Doesn't sound logical, but after I did this I can always kick down no matter how long i've driven the car and it won't be delayed at all.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:32 PM
3rd Gear

Check this out.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng2.shtml

Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
1st Gear

I don't know if this would apply, but I saw this website looking for help on another problem:

http://www.fixya.com/support/r608067..._throttle_body

Old 07-10-2008, 02:06 PM
2nd Gear

I am going to try the second one but it just seems crazy

Quick Reply: ahhh slow throttle response