Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alerternator/Battery Light Stays On

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 11:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Alerternator/Battery Light Stays On

So I recently changed out the out the battery on my 2002 audi A6 2.7t and I mistakenly connected the ground and negative cables on the battery backwards.. I know. dumb mistake. Once that happened I heard something turn on which I believe was the Auxiliary water pump and then some smoke like a fuse or something burned out in the front of the engine around the throttle body area. I immediately corrected the battery connection issue and then turned on the car. I noticed the battery icon stays on but the batter is staying steady at 14V. Also the alternator is new and tested working fine dishing out 120amps. Currently the radio doesn't light up at all either but I'm guessing that's due to maybe the 5A fuse in the back needing to be replaced.

Does anyone have any idea what could be keeping the battery icon on? Or do I have to reset this via some special tool? I tried using Torque and it only clears ECU check engine lights not the battery icon light.

Any and all help is appreciated.. Thanks.