Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All oil poured out??? help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation All oil poured out??? help!

I'll tell you the story first about how i noticed most of my oil was gone. I was driving to work when the oil light came on. I thought maybe i took the corner to quick cause it does that sometimes. but when it kept going off i knew something was wrong so i drove it back to my house. The engine sounded like a trunk engine so i knew that i was going to hurt it if i kept driving. So when i got to my house....about 3 quarts of oil was on the ground.

So now i am here to get help about what could have went or happened to have all the oil just pour out?
im thinking the oil pump but i dont really know.

im hoping its not to expensive and hard to fix.

please help!

Old 01-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Site Moderator

You probably cracked the lower oil pan, i have done it on my S4 (2.7T) when i bottomed out the pan just slightly going up a steep hill. If you take the belly pan off you will probably find a very small crack in the pan. Easy fix.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

Oddly enough, I just experienced this with my Infinity QX4. I had Jiffy Lube change the oil. I wake up the next morning and back it out of the garage to find about a quart and half of oil on the ground.

Turns out they never tightened the drain plug. Better that than them stripping the damn thing.

Check your drain plug

Old 01-17-2009, 07:56 PM
2nd Gear

You must be happy, as there are stories about draining the transmission and filling up the engine;
Or filling up the engine with ATF;

There is a plenty of info on the Internet, just spend time to research.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 AM

Running an engine without oil pressure will destroy it, so you should have had the car towed home or to a repair shop.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

i actually did get it towed back to my house. Sorry i forgot to put that in. But im bring it to a garage to look at it myself. I hoping that its a simple fix like the drain plug.
Thanks everyone.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:32 AM
2nd Gear

"The engine sounded like a truck engine" sounds like you may have run it a bit too long without oil. You might be OK if you were running real good synthetic oil, but if you were running mineral oil, OUCH!!!

Good luck!

Bob

Old 01-19-2009, 10:32 AM
1st Gear

Is the oil cooler ever a culprit of a oil leak or the gasket????? cause i looked at it yesterday and it seemed the oil was dripping from that.

Does anyone know why the 1996 models kinda fell off the face of the earth??? i try to find things on the internet to help me but there really isnt anything.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

That sux, do you have enough money saved up for a new car?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by auditech79
You probably cracked the lower oil pan, i have done it on my S4 (2.7T) when i bottomed out the pan just slightly going up a steep hill. If you take the belly pan off you will probably find a very small crack in the pan. Easy fix.
x2... happened to me twice