Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp and Sub

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:20 PM
1st Gear
Question Amp and Sub

Hello everyone,

I am deployed right now in Iraq and the internet is not the best on the combat out post I am on. So it makes it hard to search for and the the DIY pictures take forever to load.

To start out I am wanting when I get back to the states is I want to put a 8 or 10 inch sub in the right compartment in the trunk of the 2002 Audi A6 2.7T. I will FAB it with fiberglass. I don't know what radio I have in my car. I know i have a base 2002 AUDI a6 with a 6-disc changer. I know it is not bose cause it would say it is

I want to keep my stock head unit and stock speakers because to me they sound ok, but I am missing better bass. I was wondering what parts do I need for this job. I know about the amp kit, but our stock head units dont have RCA inputs so what will I be needing.

Last are there any certain specs that I need to go by when using my stock head unit. for example ohms? most subs that I find around 8 to 10 inch are 4ohms

Last edited by BrianINF; 07-05-2010 at 11:34 PM.