Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another water on floor question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
1st Gear
Question Another water on floor question...

2004 A6 C5.... car has been parked for 4 days...no prior problems. today I had 3 inches of icey water on the floor behind my pass seat in the rear compartment. all other areas are dry. sunroof is free of debris, door seals are mint. when I vacuumed the water I noticed the water was pouring from the seat track next to the center hump of the car. i did some serious searching here and audizine and found some info related to the A/C fresh air inlet which led another fella into finding water coming out of his seat track. (wtf?) So where exactly am I looking? is this the battery box area? where the cabin filter is...???

Anyone else have the same problem with water in the rear pass floor and coming from the seat track?

I wanna fix this mess before it ruins some electrical and causes problems. recall issue?

Last edited by TurboA6S; 03-09-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: im tarded...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:26 AM
1st Gear

2003 A6 Avant. May not be related but we also had a water problem behind the passenger seat. Intially suspected several things but finally traced problem to a clogged rear sunroof drain. As water filled up sunroof track, it dripped down inside of B pillar...surprising amount of water too. Clogged turned out to be at the very end of the drain line where it exits car...little flap was stuck shut. In your case and if it's a sedan...and if this is indeed the water source...your drain line exits behind rear wheel (have to take bumper skirt off)...on avants, drain line exits above rear wheel and is hidden by wheel well liner.
Easiest way to check is to open sunroof and slowly start filling sunroof track with water and check for where it exits...should be one at each side of rear on sedans or infront of rear wheels on avants and also below A pillar on each side of car (mine exits inside of front door jam). Hopefully it ends up for you as this simple problem.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

I have a similar problem only my water leak is behind the driver's seat and about 5 inches of water. I just took it to my autobody repairman. When i dropped the car off and turned the ignition off the lights stayed on even though I tuned the switch off. I think I already have electrical problems.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM
1st Gear

Its probably coming in through the Cabin filter. Most likely the gasket has dried out and separated from body and or box. I'd be pulling the seats and carpet out before you start experiencing problems. Doesn't take much to short out the boxes located under both front carpets.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear

Please be acknowledged that there IS a class action suite regarding all of this. Check out their website at (the oddly convenient URL): https://wateringresssettlement.com/

Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 AM
1st Gear

email them. how the hell does this get over looked? i haven't had the time to look into my car but i parked it facing the road on the hill of my driveway and no more water....at least until I get it fixed

Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 AM
1st Gear
Default Same problem on my S6

I had noticed water pooling up on the passenger side both front and rear . After shorting out my central locking mechanism I took some time and started investigating a bit more vigorously. What caused my issue... clogged drains underneath a cover where the wipers are located. The drains were plugged with years of decayed whatever causing the water to backup and run inside the cabin. Cleaned and Solved

Old 04-11-2011, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

ok today I put the car on the lift and did a water test through all 4 sunroof drains. all ok....even pulled the inner fenders to inspect them. Pulled the battery plate and found nothing. tested that too as well as using a hose and 90psi of air to blown way down the duct all the way to the bottom. the a/c box drain is ok as well. and what a bitch it is to get too.

nothing has given me any clue as to why I have water pouring out of the pass seat track (lefthand side) next to the trans/driveshaft tube (hump). so My best bet now i suppose is to rip the interior out and start sealing gaps and checking for leaks.

noone else has ever had pass rear gress pools?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 PM
1st Gear

Cured my water problem today while it was raining oddly enough. The problem was this and pay close attention. On the drivers side door jamb in the hinge area there is a weatherstripping going vertically against the fender. That weaterstrippibg had fallen foward and was letting water into a body hole where the little wire in the wire loom runs . I took off the inner fender and found I had a missing clip that holds the weatherstripping in place. Check both sides of your cars door jambs . The black plastic weatherstripping should be tucked close up against your hinges. I read 157,000 post about clogged drains but I had this problem.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by BRA4B7
Cured my water problem today while it was raining oddly enough. The problem was this and pay close attention. On the drivers side door jamb in the hinge area there is a weatherstripping going vertically against the fender. That weaterstrippibg had fallen foward and was letting water into a body hole where the little wire in the wire loom runs . I took off the inner fender and found I had a missing clip that holds the weatherstripping in place. Check both sides of your cars door jambs . The black plastic weatherstripping should be tucked close up against your hinges. I read 157,000 post about clogged drains but I had this problem.
Good call, any chance you could get a picture for documentation reasons?

Quick Reply: Another water on floor question...