Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any other mods besides the chip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Any other mods besides the chip?

I'm going to get a ECU and transmission chip when I get my income taxes back, most likely I will get the 2 bypass valves and a throttle body boot as well. I have a K&N drop in filter, I haven't had any problem with it. Is there any othermods could I get in the mean time?

I read so much stuff that I think I'm confusing myself.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Any other mods besides the chip?

Abbott, I can think of K04s along with the chip, only if you haven't thought of that,

Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

I have a warranty up to 100,000 miles. If the turbos fail b4 then, I will get the K04's, if not, then I cant do it. I heard there were like $1000 a peices.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
2nd Gear

Hmm... makes sense. I have a warranty until 100K miles too, but my dealer was particularly insistent on the chips and said that the warranty will be void for engine if you will install the chip. What does your dealer has to say? Any ideas??

Old 11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

The chip will void mines too, but I was gonna get the reprogramably chip so when I take it to the deal, it will show that its stock, but I'm still up in the air about the chip tho.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 AM
2nd Gear

Man, I will think thrice before I take that decision. I am concerned about turbo chargers too. Though, I have only 40K mileson my car.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 AM
1st Gear

I have 60k miles on mines. So bacisally all we can do for ours cars is to get the K04's and a chip? I want to do something to it, but I do feel you on not getting a chip, I've be up in the air about the chip for months now.

So beside the chip and K04's what do people usually get done?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
2nd Gear

Air intake system and free flow exhaust, I guess.

You are right, I am not in for chip. I am quiet satisfied with the performance, and more power will mean that I will drive with aheavier foot, which means more gas and more speeding tickets,which means increased insurance. I may notbe the one for speed, but I willdefinitely get the K04s.

On the other note, Ihave decided to get rid of my K&N.You might want to read this lengthy but well argued post.

http://cars.wpadmin.about.com/?comments_popup=216781

Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

I read a lot about not getting aK&N on this forum, a few people stated not putting a lot of oil on there filter. I almost have none on mines, they said that the oil mess up the air flow senor, the K&N makes the oil dirty and what not. I checked with a tuner shop before I brought my K&N, basically they said the same thing (watch the oil on the filter). I use to have a 99 Infiniti I30 and my brother had a 99 Mazda Millennia S (Supercharged), we both had the cone K&N filters and never had any problems, they made the cars sound meaner. I'm thinking about putting the cone on the A6 http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/783001.phtml

I'm like you, I'm satisfied with the performance, but I'm kinda getting tempted because of the other tuner car on the street.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 PM
2nd Gear

Abbot, honestly, after getting the K&N replacement for stock, I didn't felt any difference in the performance. The cone ones are not available for C5, I checked it on their site. Unless, there needs a modification to accomodate that.

Again, not trying to change your mind, but there is a question I ask myself...what will I get after adding chip on my car? Increased expenses and speeding tickets?? I drive 50 miles commute to my work, and in fact today, I saw a Porche Carrera speeding 70-75 on I270 South, which passed me, and in 5 minutes I saw a state trooper pulled him aside in an umarked dark blue car. He must have got $500 ticket. My point is, where will you drive the tuned car? I will feel very frustratedif I have additional 75hp in my car that costs me couple of grands, and I am unable to use it. Hell, I sometimes gets frustrated now, as at the most I go upto 90m. Couple of weeks back, I touched 110+..you know what that means? If I would have got caught, I would have been in someplace else. Thats what happenes if you drive 40m more than limit.

Btw, I know you are in Maryland too, so if you see a Dark Blue Malibu, be careful. The no. is 138. I have seen this guy almost everyday on I270 for abouta month!

Quick Reply: Any other mods besides the chip?