Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Purchase An Extended Service Contract?

Old 08-04-2007, 09:56 AM
1st Gear
Default Anyone Purchase An Extended Service Contract?

I just bought a 2001 2.7T with 88k miles on it last night. I wanted to know if anyone here has purchased an extended service contract for their car? If so, from who and how much? Have you had to use them and how was the service? I've read a lot of good things about this car which is why I bought it. I've heard that they are very durable and will last forever. BUT!!!! one downside I've heard is that if something does go wrong, it is EXPENSIVE to fix. I've done some searching and the company I'm looking at is CarChex.com. They seem to cover a lot and they have the best price I've come across ($2130 for 3yr/36k mi). They do have a 30 day, 1000 mi "waiting period" and a $100 deductible per incident. I'm only somewhat mechanically inclined. I can do the basic maintenance but when you start talking about taking stuff apart, that's when my skills start to get limited. I'm thinking I could at least do the timing belt with a little help from a neighbor that works on cars all the time. Mostly American and not German so we'll see.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Anyone Purchase An Extended Service Contract?

I did, when i bought my car a year ago. My warrenty was for 3 years or 36000 miles and it was for $2500. I think it worth it considering how expensive it is to fix the audi. The service was good, you bring your car in to the dealer and tell them you have extended warrenty service, the dealer call the warrenty service and they take it from there. So far they covered all my repair without any deductible, the only i have to pay are diagnostic test. A month ago i brought my car in for oil leak and a couple other thing, the cost come out to be $1800's and i didnt have to pay for anything. So I would definitely recommend that you get the extended warrenty service.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

You might want to check out click4warranty.com for a comparitive price. I spent my warranty money on a timing belt (complete) service, but I may try and swing it next payday.

BTW, has your timing belt been changed?

Old 08-04-2007, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

Chanrith - who did you get yours with? What was your mileage when you got it?

ericgl - I don't know if it's been changed. Just bought it last night so I have no idea. Is there a way to find that out? I'm sure the dealer doesnt have a clue.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

Often the shop will put a sticker under the hood. Look for receipts in the glove box or in the tray orbeneath the steering wheel. Try and contact the previous owner. Good luck!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:19 PM
1st Gear

Beware though, if your car has a previous problem then they won't cover it, also it does not cover any suspenion parts, our suspenion wears out after 60K-70K, also won't cover the timming belt water pump, brakes....

So buyers beware....

Old 08-05-2007, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

look at this extended warranty contract,it looks like it covers timming belt and water pump,and suspension,what do you guys think about it?
http://www.aaautowarranty.com/encompasspremium.asp

Old 08-05-2007, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

Looks like it would....

But double check, beacuse the one I had got on my old audi, they told me that they don't cover that stuff beacuse it would not wear out that quick, so they claim it was a problem that was alrady there, that the parts would not of just gone bad within 20K miles of buying the contract.

So I called the service conract people up and ripped them a new one, got a FULL refund, just fixed the problems my self...

Old 08-06-2007, 04:47 AM

Blade69, i got my warrenty through Intercontinental Warranty Services which was recommended by my credit union who i got the loan for my car from. I got my car with 51000's miles on it. You should check it out, it covered pretty much all the mechanical parts, turbo, transmission, so check it out see what you think.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

The plan I really like (AA Auto Warranty)doesnt have monthly payments. $2800, 4yr/unlimited mileage, no deductible, covers labor, I have to pay for an inspection ($100) but only a 350 milewaiting period.[/align][/align]The plan that comes in second (CarChex) has 0% financing and monthly payments for a year and I'm covered while I'm making payments. $2130, $213dn/$159mo for 12 months, 3yr/36k miles, only covers up to $65/hr on labor, $100 deductible per incident, 30 day AND 1000 mile waiting period, no inspection needed.[/align][/align]You can look at the $700 difference two ways. With CarChex, the $700 can go towards the labor and deductibles if they occur. I'd basically be gambling on how often I'll need to take the car in. But with AA Auto, I'm covered for another year and unlimited mileage. Is that worth the $700? I think so, but again, they don't have a payment plan. I'd have to charge it. Which means I'd also be paying interest on it.[/align][/align]Decisions, decisions.[:@][/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Purchase An Extended Service Contract?