Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR chip installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:19 PM
1st Gear
Default APR chip installed

I know there are quite a few posts out there for chipping the 2.7T so I thought I would add my $.02.
I went to J3 Motorsports in Buford, GA where they installed the chip in about 45 min. For those of you living in GA, this shop is one of the cleanest I have ever seen. They work primarily on Porsche race cars and had about five on various lifts. The guy to see is Blair...
Had chip tuned for 93 Octane with several of the programs and let me tell you, my A6 screams now !!!
Took a trip to North Carolina and back and gas mileage stayed around 23.7mpg (that's at an avg. 90mph)
Passing no longer requires a down-shift, unless you just absolutely want to make a statement...

Mod was well worth the effort. Have not changed out the TBB but will do that in the next month or so..

Old 04-15-2005, 10:18 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: APR chip installed

Don't forget to upgrade your DV's, too. A necessity.

Glad to hear you like the new performance. I'm sure the guys at J3 appreciate the kudos, too.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

Imola,
I had actually mentioned that to J3 when the time comes to upgrade the TBB and they did not deem it necessary unless I just really wanted to make the change. I think I may as well do the upgrade while changing out the TBB - it's only about $60 more for both.

Next on the list is H&R Sport springs (lowering F:1.75#, R:1.5#) with Bilsteins... I'm keeping stock 16" wheels but will most likely go to a 225/50 series tire the next round. Still trying to keep the overall look low-key.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Silv_2.7T

Imola,
I had actually mentioned that to J3 when the time comes to upgrade the TBB and they did not deem it necessary unless I just really wanted to make the change. I think I may as well do the upgrade while changing out the TBB - it's only about $60 more for both.

Next on the list is H&R Sport springs (lowering F:1.75#, R:1.5#) with Bilsteins... I'm keeping stock 16" wheels but will most likely go to a 225/50 series tire the next round. Still trying to keep the overall look low-key.
Congrats on the upgrade! Do the DV's now. Go with the TT's 710N or the better option Forge DV's.
Installing a boost gauge would make sense now. Do you know at what pressure the turbos spike now?
I usually reccomend "preparing" the engine for mods first befre doing them but hey, it's your car.
I loved your las comment: I'm picky about upgrades too, I don't want them to be seen/heard.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

Audi_first,
thanks for your comments - and I agree on all points. I'll look into the DVs that you mentioned.
As for the boost gauge, I have not seen/heard of a good response on this site as to where to physically put the gauge on a A6. I don't really care to have the pillar pod. I was told that with the chip, they should be pushing around 14-16psi.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

Tell me, what kind of changes did you notice in agility and acceleration compared to stock? 2nd, 3rd gear? Did you have the whistling sound in low rpm's while you were stock? Did that change?
I finally solved the CEL issue: MAF replaced under the extended warranty, Few days ago I replaced a suspicious vacuum hose, now the problem is gone.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

The changes are definitely hardcore seat of the pants... the power comes on just as smooth but a lot harder than before. I noticed the whistling sound before the chip but now it's definitely more audible. I actually like that sound
As far as acceleration, it does best when keeping the car in Auto. If you half-throttle it, it prematurely shifts into 2nd so staying on it in first makes redline come up very quickly now - same for the other gears... for some reason, when I get on it hard while working the TIP, it sometimes feels like the tranny is slipping - maybe when I tip-shift, it just can't keep up under power.
Those are really the only little quirks to mention - otherwise, I am extremely happy. It just gets up and goes very effortlessly now.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

I pretty much expected those answers and I'm glad I got them I forgot you were driving an auto.
...>300 ft lbs of torque...hmmmm

Old 04-26-2005, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

Actually - 381 ft-lbs (on 93 Octane) with > 90% of that kicking in at about 2200 rpm... check out the dyno for the upgrade at www.goapr.com [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 04-27-2005, 07:04 AM
1st Gear

I have been toying with the idea for a week now.

Quick Reply: APR chip installed