Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 2.0 TDI SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 2.0 TDI SE

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, but am a member of the Saab forum and a Moderator on 2 Jaguar forums.
I have been looking with some interest at the Audi A6 for some time now. When I changed my car around 2 years ago I looked at the A4 but it was too small, unfortunatley I never considered the A6 at the time.
I am seriously thinking of trading my Saab 93 1.9Tid in for the A6 as per post title. I would dearly love to buy new but thats out of the question, as is the 2.7 or 3.0 Tdi's as they hold their price well.
So. I am looking at the 2.0 TdiSE (March 05) 19k miles phantom black with black leather interior. £21k
Can anyone please provide info for this model / engine and any relability issues I should look for?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Saab 93 1.7 Tid 175bhp (April 05)
Jaguar X type 2.5V6 Sport 194bhp (02)

Old 04-21-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi A6 2.0 TDI SE

Well guys, I gotta say, so far, NOT the most helpful of forums.
I bought a new 2.0 TDI SE and hope to pick it up on Monday, and am lookin forward to it very much.
Hopefully, later I may get some help from this forum............so far...not very impressed.
After all, its not like i'm looking for really technical info?

Jim

Old 04-21-2007, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

yeah...I don't think too many of us in the US are very familar with the 2.0TDI...seeing how there are none here. sorry.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

Though some of us on this forum are not US based and thus aware of two major problems- related to the cylinder heads cracking (loss of coolant) and failure of the new fantastic (NOT!!!) gear drive of the oil pump. Hope You don't have such problems and as to the helpfulness - some of us are not on this forum every day - so give us a chance, ok?

Old 04-22-2007, 04:57 PM
3rd Gear

Jim I understand, I come from the Saab/Volvo world of forums, Audi drivers are very different breed of people. Not that it is bad, but just different buyers. As for the car, being in the US I have no relavent info about the engine you mentioned.

I drove Saabs for years, longer than any other brand. I used to love them, but over time they seemed to become cheaper in quality and lost my interest. The worst thing about Audi is the drivers of them. Now if you could only take Volvo drivers and put them in Audis you would have a great breed of drivers. Just kidding, this forum is filled with great helpful people.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

hmm, i never seen any of DIESEL powered A6 at US. My brother has 2.5 TDI, but in EU not USA. I did try that one. WOW, realy good car. Perfect tourque !!! Almost 190 HP. Hmmm, realy quite and fast.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

Hey guys,
thanks, at least some sort of response is better than none at all.
brownb.........Yeah I know there aren't too many dieselers in the US.......thanks anyways.
Mainin59.......Jeeez, I hope I dont get those probs!!
Jeffla.....I loved my Saab and miss some of the things it had to offer......was a great drive, especially with the ECU upgrade
I'm a mod on 2 Jag forums and a member of the Saab forums, and they seem to operate, lets say, differently.
However, I'm a newbie on here, so to be fair, I need to check in more regularly and see how it goes.
Vrso2.........Hey there, I know that diesel doesn't seem to be a big thing in the US. Seriously though, diesel has caught up as a fuel, big time. My Saab had a 1.9 Tid engine which gave out 150bhp stock, I uprated the ECU taking it to 175bhp and I think it was around the 410 Nm of torque..........WOW.
Lets just say that it took on all 2.0 petrols and left them for dead ( obviously apart from the race bred EVO's and Subarus)
I once saw a B right on my tailgate and floored it, took it to 152 and slowly drew away from him, when I slowed down and he overtook me I saw it was a 3.0TDI............Not bad eh?

Thanks for the welcome guys!

See you around

Jim C

Old 04-26-2007, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

u wrote: 'I once saw a B right on my tailgate and floored it, took it to 152 and slowly drew away from him, when I slowed down and he overtook me I saw it was a 3.0TDI............Not bad eh? "

hmm, whats that "B" means?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM

Hi,

I have a 2.0TDI (upgraded to 190 hp and 410Nm!! ). Really fast in this configuration.

I share your point of view about Audi's drivers [&:]. I came from a VOLVO S80, but I can say that S60 drivers are also very different from S80 ones.

More, there are diferences between EU and US drivers.... [8D]

JP
Lisbon, PORTUGAL