Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 2.7T - navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 2.7T - navigation

All right guys, I am new here and having searched the site, looking for the answer...I decided to ask you more directly. I have an Audi A6 2.7T, with premium package. I want to install navigation in it.

I will appreciate any help from the experts of this forum, if you let me know how to go about. The part no. and where to order the unit, the cost, and installation procedure and the additional considerations will help me a lot.

Also, does anyone know of AVIC D-3 installed in any of the C5 platform Audi??

Thanks a lot.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi A6 2.7T - navigation

Comeon guys... I know there are more than dozen knowlegeble guys out there in this forum those who knows the answer to my questions. Can't you help a newbie??

Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

You can install an OEM RNS-E (DVD based navigation unit), costs are around $1500 +/- for unit and adaptors. Not quite plug-n-play, but once integrated, works quite well in the A6...
Name:  RNS-E.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  27.1 KB

I have heard some folks installing the AVIC D3 in their cars, but I have NO idea what is involved, definitely NOT plug-n-play, and probably not as well-integrated once installed (by integrated, I mean using the steering wheel controls to navigate through some functions and looks "factory" vs. aftermarket).

Hope this sheds a bit of light. For more info on the OEM RNS-E in your A6, it would help to know what year you have, 2000-2001 or 2002-2004?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 AM

Here is a http://www.navplus.us/forum/index.php that will provide you all the info you need.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

Thanks a lot guys. This is really helpful. One more thing, where can you buy this unit (Nav+), as Audi dealers in Washington DC area have no idea. Also, I couldn't find anything on e-bay. Is there anyone from Washington DC area, who can help me know a local resource who can either sell. or install, or do both.

Thanks.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:25 PM

There's a lot of them on ebay. Did you tried typing RNS-E. You find that some are European unit but it doesnt matter because you can always change it later to make it a US unit, which is what I did to mine.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:48 PM
1st Gear

I really recommend that you buy a unit from the for sale section of the navplus.us website. The sellers there are reputable, and test the units before they sell them. I know at least one person that got burned buying a unit from ebay...Lithuania origin, and received a defective unit after a month of waiting.

go to www.navplus.us and scroll down to the For Sale section. SteveZ1 and Proxus are frequent sellers there.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

quick question is it possible to put an RNS unit into a 98 or 99 A6? I have a concert radio and would really like to get thae navi instead but it doesnt look like it'll fit any help is appreciated

Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 AM
2nd Gear

I guess you are talking about the RNS-E unit. It is possible to fit, however, it is more complex and take more efforts to put it in place of Concert. Though, it is quiet easy and less complex to fit it in place of Symphony.

http://www.navplus.us is the place where you want to look for detailed information.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Boston Driver

I really recommend that you buy a unit from the for sale section of the navplus.us website. The sellers there are reputable, and test the units before they sell them. I know at least one person that got burned buying a unit from ebay...Lithuania origin, and received a defective unit after a month of waiting.
I bought an RNS-D from the Lithuanian ebayseller and it works perfectly. His feedback indicates he is a very good seller. Maybe your friend had a lousy postman, or the installer reversed polarity on some power leads or something?

Quick Reply: Audi A6 2.7T - navigation