Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 2007, Automatic Triptronic Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:13 AM
1st Gear
Angry Audi A6 2007, Automatic Triptronic Transmission Issue

Hopefully I am posting in the right area.

I have an issue with my 2007 Audi A6, she's an Auto, triptronic transmission. Like an idiot I drove through some water a while back, and although she did splutter out and conk out on me, I did manage to get her started again.

I was driving home from work, and the car just cut out driving, the engine was still running, but no joy from the gear box. I can still select gears and the car knows which gear has been selected, but she will not move.

She's also making a very painful sound. It's like a rattling screech (I cannot really be very specific as I am a total Noob when it comes to cars, so please forgive my vagueness and possible ignorance).

I did manage to find the transmission fluid dip stick and on removal, while switched off and switched on, it is well below the min mark, which would suggest this is an issue in itself.

I want to get her fixed naturally, but I just need someone who may be able to point me in the correct direction.

I did run a diagnostic test, and it was just returning a Glow Plug error, that I am not concerned about currently. If she won't move, it's not an issue.

Many thanks guys, if you need any more info, please ask and I'll do my best to supply.

Regards,

Brian