Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 C5 Avant headlamp washer question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 C5 Avant headlamp washer question

Hello guys,
I have a Audi A6 C5 Avant 2.8 quattro bought second hand and the headlamp washers do not work. I've looked at the front - and the washers are OK themselves - but the hose that should lead liquid to them goes nowhere - if I put compressed air in that hose - that raises the washers.
The question is - is the washer reservoir the same on models with headlamp washers and without? Do I need another reservoir, does this work on a separate pump, and I need just another pump, which goes where?
I looked through part catalogs and I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Ivo

Old 11-22-2013, 08:08 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by infestdead
Hello guys,
I have a Audi A6 C5 Avant 2.8 quattro bought second hand and the headlamp washers do not work. I've looked at the front - and the washers are OK themselves - but the hose that should lead liquid to them goes nowhere - if I put compressed air in that hose - that raises the washers.
The question is - is the washer reservoir the same on models with headlamp washers and without? Do I need another reservoir, does this work on a separate pump, and I need just another pump, which goes where?
I looked through part catalogs and I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Ivo
If you can take a look a the reservoir you should see a plug facing the front of the car and a spot for the washer pump for the headlights. There should also be a plug sort of hanging there for the pump. You will need a pump and some tubing to complete the circuit. Try taking out the driver's side wheel well liner and you should be able to see the whole reservoir. Reservoirs are not too expensive, $35, if you need a new one. Not sure how much a pump is but see if you can find one with the hose and the quick connects. Try audihausaz.com or google it. Ebay always has some as well.

Last edited by Huskerbob; 11-22-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:03 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a closer look. Not that I need the headlight washers, but having them available and them not working is frustrating.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by infestdead
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a closer look. Not that I need the headlight washers, but having them available and them not working is frustrating.
They are nice in winter conditions but they use a boatload of fluid with each wash. They are designed to only work when the headlights are on and you use the windshield washers.