Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi key

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:06 AM
1st Gear
Default audi key

today i got a new key for my 2005 audi a6 3.2 at an audi dealership. they charged me 160 for the key and another 110 for installation. after the installation i got in my car and noticed the keyless start/stop didnt work. i went back and told them and the technician said he must have forgotten to install the updates. about 20mins later the techinicain came back and told me that there was a malfunction in the car and that they would need to open the dash and do someting inside of there to fix it. they said they would need to charge me another 160 dollars. apparently they had done something so that the malfunction went away but they said if i dont get it fixed right, it can come back in a couple hours/days/weeks/months. so i said that i would come back if a malfunction came on. has anyone ever heard of this happening? is there any easy way i could fix it?

Old 01-03-2008, 04:47 AM
Default RE: audi key

man i would tell the dealership that it ws fine when i got there nd now it's not , they need to fix it on there dime. sorry i know this doesnt help.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:01 AM
2nd Gear

Unless you have a mileage issue, a 2005 should still be under the 4 year warranty. Why are you paying for a malfunction, it should be covered. By the way there are several TSBs issued for the advance key. Fortunately the advance key in my 05 4.2 has never acted up.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
2nd Gear

Hell no man. They shouldn't be charging you anything additional at all. The guy said himself that he forget to do something. Then when he looks in again there's a new issue at your expense? That's bad business. Make them take responsibility for over looking things that they are trained to know.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:08 PM
1st Gear

The car is NOT under warranty anymore. I might go get an oil change at a different audi dealer, and im going to ask them if they can do a software update or something for me.