Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI PERFORMANCE WHEELS AND TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Default AUDI PERFORMANCE WHEELS AND TIRES

I own a Audi A6 3.2 2005 model, I need new tires and I relley don't like how my rims look and the way it sits. I have 17' on them. Im Looking for some all year round replacements, with some strong PERFORMANCE RIMS maybe a light alloy and make them 19' with maybe a 8.0' or 8.5' wide, I also want a dish maybe 2'. Would I be Helping the car or is the numbers right ...? And the tires maybe a quiet ride type of tires?[&:][&:]

Old 06-16-2007, 04:19 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: AUDI PERFORMANCE WHEELS AND TIRES

If I understand your question, you're looking for a year-round tire in a 19" rim. I'm no tire expert, but most 18" and larger tires are low profile performance. I rarely see an all-season tire in that size. If they are available, I would suspect they would be very pricey. Also, the ride in a 19" will be harsher than with your 17" because of the lower sidewall and also more susceptible to tire and rim damage from pot holes.

I see by your signature that you are from NYS. Similar to NJ (the chemical dump state), NY is the pot hole state (just like Michigan and Illinois).

Suggestion: mount a good pair of all-season or even winter traction tires on your 17" rims. Then use them in the winter. For the summer, after they fill the pot holes, buy a nice pair of 18" rims and mount some decent performance tires. There are lots of packages from Discount Tire, Tire Rack, etc. Just make sure the rims clear the brake calipers. There is lots of dialog on the forum on this subject, and I don't think anyone absolutely knows what fits and what rubs. You may or may not need spacers. Do a search on this forum for "rims" and read up. If your heart is set on them, I'm sure you can also find 19" rims and tires.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: AUDI PERFORMANCE WHEELS AND TIRES

Toyo Proxy FZ4 is a decent all season performance tire if you want to use them all year.