Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Telematics

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear
Default Audi Telematics

Anyone used it? How is it??

I never used an OnStar thing before, but feel like subscribing to it again, since I have got that on my car. More so, because there was an incident in Virginia, couple of months back, where this black guy who is still in college, went missing, and everyone was looking for him and local news covering, only to be found in a ditch, where he was stuck for eight days after his car slipped and got stuck in it. No one noticed his car there for eight days. He was found alive, but it is scary.

I was wondering if someone who has experienced, or at least knows someone who has used/was helped by OnStar/Telematics. I like the feature where they inform the Police/Ambulance with your location after the AirBag is deployed.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi Telematics

I think you meant to say "where this guy who is still in college". I don't see how his status as a person of color has anything to do with the story.

My .02

Jeff

Old 11-15-2007, 11:06 PM
2nd Gear

Jeffla, don't try to politicize this thread. Just leave that to politicians. I mentioned it, so that most people will know which incidentI am talking about, as this news was well covered in the east-cost. I would have mentioned white, if it was a white guy, or Mexican, if it was one. I never meant to disrespect any race.

Your 2 cents are worthless, just like...2 cents. If you have something to say about Telematics, please post. Otherwise, have your beer or whatever you drink and just read other threads.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:03 AM

I don't think you have to subscribe to OnStar to use the Emergency (911) feature. I accidently hit the button on my steering wheel for the phone and I got an OnStar rep and I don't subscribe. That's the only time I've ever used it, so I don't have much more info for you.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:24 AM

in the UK 999 calls are free even without a Sim card for emergencies only and hopefully its the same in the states ( ensure you have a GPS phone ) as for colour of person? if you white your white, if your black your black? it cost nothing to get a tan if your black ( lucky sods ) if your yellow on the other hand are you chinese or do you have jaundice,

lets look at people as people and forget the colour issue( his name is jack because hes white/yellow/brown ) but if hes black his name is still jack

Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

I'm a black male and I didnt find it offencsive, I guess because I knew what he was talking about, the story is like 2 month old....pluse, that's nothing compaired to what some people say about us.

My homeboy has OnStar in his Tahoe, I think it's tight,I think he said it was like around $300 for a year, or maybe for 2 years.....anyway, if you'er not going to use it like that then it would be a waste of money. OnStar is like 411 in your car, finds number for you, direction, call in reservations for you, I like it!!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
2nd Gear

Well said, Dave.

Abbot, I am glad you understand what I meant.

I know it is useless, but I guess, it is just like an insurance. Imagine what that kid have been thru for eight days, not knowing if he will be saved or nor. It's like facing death every minute for eight days. while he was in wreck.

I want to know if someone was actually saved by OnStar, ever? Of course, they (OnStar) have lots of stories to share, but just wanted to know if something happened to someone here or someone we know?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

I'm confused, is it because he's black that he ended up the the ditch or because he's still in college?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:25 AM
2nd Gear

It is because there are people like you on this board, who takes a kick in raising silly issues from the post. It was made clear in the earlier posts that there is nothing to do with race.

I still don't understand thatwhenpeople don't have anything to post why do they post?Is it because people are dumb, or is it because they are on drugs?
Get offenced, I don't care.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:38 AM

^^