Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi vs bmw

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear

No problem man lets stay intouch with private messages and through post. Your boost might even be to high and cutting out with the APR/GIAC tune. That is a common problem but I will let you know shortly in 2 weeks - month. How does it run without the meth kit on?

Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM

i sent you a PM

Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM
1st Gear

I already have my kit installed and running, feel free to ask questions, I can also post pics, the best thing about the meth is the top of the morning power all day long, It also allowed me to see 27 degree timing advance without lemmitweaking it. It really is a great intermeddiate between 3- and 3, fills in at the top end where 3- tends to run short on fuel

Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear
Default still funny

Originally Posted by wammy18
lol I what the fu ck do I need to prove to you... You prob sit on your *** on the weekend. I currently race all of the cars above... The only 3 cars I have currently lost to = turbo'ed hatch which has 350WHP (1800lbs), evo stage3(2800) and the Corvette(around 2.9 or 3 i believe) from a roll which he got me by a car because tiptronic vs his long first gear IN 90 DEGREE WEATHER THANK YOU VERY MUCH. lol at you my friend MR FERRARIIII. The reason I would do the filming later is because I am going to have full fueling in 2 weeks with a meth kit. how about u stfu and dream about cars you can't have THANKS
What i said was that you could not had raced an 07 M3 because there are no 07 M3's in America. So it would be nice if you really find out which M3 you really raced since there are so many differences between an M3 E46 and one E93 thats all.

your a6 wont touch an E93 with your mods. You sound like if you were the only one running a V6 2.7 Biturbo with K04's.

Also, if you would like I can set up a race for you with an M3 E46 stock and also an E93 so every body here can see the outcome and not just read about your street races.

Take your car to the track and show us your time slip. I bet ya your speed would be at the most 105.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear

no further comments

Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Site Moderator

[QUOTE=Eric_C;940262]Torque wins races, not HP.
QUOTE]

Other way around there buddy. 7,000 horsepower funny cars will disagree about that fact, as well as any other drag racer that knows anything.

Oh and whammy18, Ferrari is correct about the 07 M3, you couldn't have raced one.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:09 PM
2nd Gear

id have no problem driving 2ish hour any direction to stage this race please. And bring your fake ******* car(s) You have never seen my car and you speak like you have driven it ever day.... I do have engine work **** jones

Last edited by auditech79; 09-05-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Torque wins drag races.

To win a drag race you need to get the car accelerated as fast as possible, overall MPH is negligible deppending on how fast you want to go.

Torque gets the mass moving, not HP. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many 12 second 135+mph Supra's.

I spent plenty of years drag racing, its torque off the line.

Ever seen a properly setup true drag car? Mustangs with 5.xx gears running 12.9's at about 100mph. Gearing gets the torque numbers way up. The car launches very hard then just putters along.

The car with the most torque, soonest, wins assuming its even close in HP. HP keeps the car moving, torque gets it moving.

Why else do 2 steps help turbo cars drag racing? Its to put down more torque sooner because that is what accelerates the car.

Trans brakes, from your other post, are there not just to improve reaction time but to allow the engine to get up on the converter and reach stall speed, this causes a huge torque spike which launches the car.

Most of my experience is in LSx based F and Y cars. Take a bone stock lightweight Z28 with an automatic trans and stock converter. It'll run mid-high 13's deppending on how it came out of the factory. Put in a good 2800rpm stall converter and that becomes low 13's, high 12's.

Why? Torque, the torque spike, around 350ft lbs to the wheels launches the car. Makes the same amount of HP irregardless.

I ran 11.9 @ 117 in a heads/cam Z28 at about 3200lbs and a manual. I went 11.7 @ 114mph in a bone stock motor SS convertible at nearly 3900lbs with a 2800rpm converter and a 100 shot. The Z made 390/378 at the wheels, the vert made about 420/450 at the wheels on the bottle. 30hp doesn't make up for the weight difference which is obvious by the MPH, it was the torque that accelerated the car faster sooner, not the HP. I went a higher MPH but yet went slower ET wise? Why?

For being a tech moderator thats a pretty poor way to repond to a question, especially one your not correct about. My background in racing, cars, etc is pretty extensive.

Oh and torque converters, transmissions, differentials, etc are rated in torque capacity, not HP capacity.

One last thing...why do Funny Cars and Top Fuel cars use the style supercharger they do? Why not turbo's? Why a screw blower and not a blade blower?

I don't care if its 70hp or 7000hp, the way it works is the same.

Last edited by Eric_C; 09-05-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Site Moderator

Eric, i understand the concept of torque and how it works, but if your concept were correct then everyone would use diesel engines. UTI (crappy school BTW) even experimented with a diesel engine in an old cuttlass and couldn't break below the high 9's, thats because it didn't make enough HORSEPOWER to get it down the track in time.
Sure torque is whats gonna get your car off the ground like those mustangs you see at the drags but as long as they are pulling enough horsepower they can win the race.
I get what you're saying about how torque is gonna get your time off to a great start and you could get into the high 11's but you will NEVER.....EVER break into the 10's without more than 500 horsepower....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
When my buddy still had his 94 twin turbo supra he had around 750 horsepower and 450ftlbs of torque. Want to know what he ran? Try a mid 10 second quarter mile, on street tires! Your trap speed is the most important factor, with your torque monster V8's you might get down the track at the high 11's but its only gonna go past the finish line at around 110-115mph which is slow! If my buddy put slicks on his car he would break into the 9's all day traping 140+mph at the end of the track.
A mustang, camaro or whatever can break below the 10's, but i guarantee you its the horsepower pulling them accross the track, just look at the trap speeds.
I am curious of who taught you that torque is the deciding factor for wining races, was it just personal experience or did a professional driver teach you how to race. You seem to know your stuff, but i will never agree that torque will always win the race, thats not correct.

Last edited by auditech79; 09-05-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by wammy18
id have no problem driving 2ish hour any direction to stage this race please. And bring your fake ******* car(s) You have never seen my car and you speak like you have driven it ever day.... I do have engine work **** jones
whatever you said and enjoy your luxury family sedan.