Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bentley Manual owners: help needed asap

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Arrow Bentley Manual owners: help needed asap

I'm buying a winter set of OEM wheels (used) they will come with the
TPMS sensors which I understand need to be calibrated to my car. Does the manual say anything about calibrating tpms's? Will I need to recalibrate each time I switch back to my summer tires? Lastly, If I don't calibrate them can I do bad things other then get a warning light?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 PM
3rd Gear

I am deeply confused by that answer.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 PM
3rd Gear

The answer suggests that if your changing women you need to get a new wedding dress. The new woman will not like using the the previous woman's dress no matter how much she thinks she loves you.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:43 PM
3rd Gear

So to get back to the original post: should the new woman be calibrated before the wedding, or only after?

Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
3rd Gear

Old folks remember when you waited until after the wedding to make sure everything fits but today's society is different. The problem comes when you have engaged in a pre-wedding fitting and decide that there will not be a wedding because it is had to un-fit and re-package things.

I heard that there is a web site where you can input data and they will give you a list of woman that are calibrated to you so you don't have to worry about the fitting problem. On the surface this looks good, but you given bad data the results will be disasterous.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:25 PM

This is an Audi A6 forum with a fairly simple request from *anyone who had a Bentley manual. Personally, I always ignore odd-ball off topic response's usually from odd-ball's but was surprised other's attraction to it..the original request I guess was basically not important.
I should have added I put the asap because it was and did cost me $800 and I had little time to dally..a timely answer would have helped greatly but I did the best I could using audi parts dealers.
I will not be without a Bentley much longer after this experience.

Last edited by mystrodo; 08-21-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:24 AM

Wow, yeah its too bad experienced (and hopefully normally helpful) members were more interested in responding to the troll than to a member genuinely requesting help from others. I'll admit it, I giggled at your responses and a little comedy is good sometimes, but you could at least point the thread-starting member in the right direction along with giving comic relief!

I just bought my first Audi and was planning on spending alot of time on this forum getting and giving help where I could, but after seeing this thread and the lack of interest/help given to the member, I think I will hit up the other (similarly named) Audi forum and see if its more technical and helpful.

As for the actual issue at hand, I am glad you solved it. I would think that you just needed to have the MMI recognize and save the new TPMS sensors when the new wheels and tires were installed? That's what I recall from reading my manual about swapping in the spare anyways.

Last edited by scooter80; 08-22-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:46 AM

Scooter, there are some very helpful people in the forum such as yourself, thanks for at least understanding my dilemma, I'd also read the manual but wasn't clear on what to do if there was a recognition issue or of Bentley even mentions what the next step is and also replacing the batteries.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:01 PM
3rd Gear

Before making certain statements or remarks, you should remember that most people in the forum have pre-2005 vehicles, hence 1995-1997 and 1998-2004 Bentley manuals.
My manual for 1995-1997 models doesn't have anywhere a reference to calibrating the speed sensor when changing wheels.
I'm glad someone has the expertise to polish some "odd-*****" with a little sense of humor. Polishing ***** seems to be the forte of proper forum members. Keep up the good work. Beep, beep...

Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

Yes, u have to go to the MMI and reconfigure assuming you have TPMS.

Quick Reply: Bentley Manual owners: help needed asap