Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinker issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Default Blinker issue

Yesterday I purchased my first audi A6 2003 Quattro 3.0L. Today when i turned on my blinker, (Right and Left) it doesnt stay on. It flickers like there is an electrical short. Has anyone had this specific problem before? Thanks

Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Blinker issue

Have you checked your blinker fluid?

Old 08-03-2006, 02:37 AM
1st Gear

Okay Southboro...give the new guy a break...

Check the hazard relay...this little switch in the dash contains the relays for the hazards and the turn indicators. You will probably have to swap out that part, probably $30 for the part at the dealer these days, and not too difficult DIY replacement.

Here is a post on AudiWorld which talks about how to remove the part in question...
http://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/91515.phtml

Old 08-03-2006, 02:50 AM
2nd Gear

Sorry.[sm=bustedsign.gif]

I couldn't resist. Somebody had to ask the question.

Glad you were able to offer more *substantial* feedback.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:52 PM

Thank you for the info. I am actually a new lady to the Audi world so this is all new to me. Not real sure why some people can't just answer a question whichout making smart comments. Thanks again for the response.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear

FirstAudi4Me,

Please take my "smart comment" in the spirit it was intended -- good fun. I think you'll find me generally more helpful than obnoxious. Caught me in a silly mood.

Rest assured, had BD not taken good care of you, I would have disabused you of any thoughts that you needed to find the blinker fluid reservoir.

Welcome to the forum, and to Audi ownership. In an attempt to make up for my less-than-welcoming initial gesture, let me offer you this... One of the best, single online resources for A6 ownership is something known as Stoney's Links (see my signature for the link). If you do a search against that page, you will probably find that many of the inevitable questions that will come up have an a ready answer waiting to be read.

Good luck & best regards.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:00 PM
1st Gear

I got your blinker fluid RIGHT HERE!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 05:04 PM
2nd Gear

But that's only for the RIGHT blinker (RBF). You can't do a complete 40k service without also doing an LBF flush and fill as well.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:07 PM

SouthboroAudiGuy,

I apologize for being I guess "such a woman" at first. You know how it is buying something then something not working. It is very frustrating especially when you have never owned an Audi before so you have no clue how anything works. I don't even have a manual for the car so I am just playing with the buttons until I figure out how it works. Thank you for the advise and invite in to the forum.

If I need that blinker fluid again, I will make sure to let you know. J/K

I feel very initiated now.

Thanks again.

FirstAudi4me
A.K.A. Ashley

Old 08-05-2006, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear

Ashley,

No worries -- truly. It's all in good fun.

Regarding the manual... You may have it without knowing it. It is typically NOT stored in the glove box. A6es actually have a little bin below the steering wheel that is designed specifically for the manual (it would be in a leather case). MANY people have thought that they did not have a manual, only find it there after being told about this little "hiding place."

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Tom

Quick Reply: Blinker issue