Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought car!! Good Deal??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Bought car!! Good Deal??

well I'm pretty stoked about the deal I came to on the car, hopefully you guys that know more than me will agree i didn't get taken for a ride.
The Car:
2001 A6 4.2 Quattro
43,715 miles
Sport Package
premium package
Guidance package
Nav, parktronic, every option
Brand new tires and brakes
Spotless carfax
Car is mint condition
After a couple hours of back and fourth we finally came to a price of 13,200, so I bought it yesterday. I'm planning to pick it up thursday or friday once it's serviced and detailed. BTW the car is Black W/ Dark grey interior. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions over the next couple weeks for you guys, but I'm pretty excited. So, do you guys think I made a good deal??

Old 02-10-2008, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Bought car!! Good Deal??

You bought a very nice ride, congrats ans welcome to A6 ownership!

One thing I don't understand as i read all these "did I get a good deal" thread is why you did not ask before buying it Buyer remorse feel is a big deal in Marketing, the post purchase moment... Seriously, I don't want to know after I buy the car whether i got screwed or not... why would I want to feel bad.. Just focus on enjoying the car!
I am not giving you hell, I like to help people... I just never understand the need for these threads and I always second guess myself after making a big purchase, likeI could havedone better... so i don't need to hear from other users that i got taken for a ride

You got a great car, love the A6, love the 4.2 engine, have fun with it!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

you do make a good point but at the same time, in my case, re-assurance from people that are more knowledgable about the cars than me helps to ease that post purchase second guessing.. Granted Maybe I should have asked before purchase, but i was there and decided to go with it. So, basically I know what you mean but i'd still like some outside opinions.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:19 PM
2nd Gear

You bought a great car. Did you get the maintenance records? Did you check with an Audi dealer to verifyhow the car was maintained? The prior maintenance is the key to determining a "good" deal on a sevenyear old Audi. With that said,I agree with the prior poster, it is too late to worry about the price.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

The dealer said the maintenance records were in the book in the glove box, but to be honest I didn't take the thing out and go through them. Probably not as cautious as I could have been but based on the condition of the car and the fact that it only has 40k on it. I trusted that it was very well taken care of. At 40k miles, aside from oil changes what services should I try to confirm have been done. Most cars don't require a ton of service at that mileage. Regardless, I got a warranty with the car and as soon as I get it home I plan to take it to my local dealership to make sure everything is okay, and if they find something the warranty will fix it. I was alot more comfortable than I would have been buying a 120k mile car.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear
Old 02-10-2008, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds like a great deal to me!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

Congrats, you found a real gem ! Wow, about 6K miles avg. per year, I do over 20K miles on my A6, and about 10k yearly on the other Audi, and 4k miles on my road bike (bicylce).
Lets see, could you find a cheaper A6?, no doubt, but could you find a cheaper loaded, all bells/whistle 43K 4.2 ? ? , probably not...
Enjoy driving it, take care of it and it will put lots of smiles/ grins on your face. Welcome !

Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 PM
1st Gear
Old 02-11-2008, 01:26 AM
SoCal Crew Member

You got screwed!!!

Come on now! You got yourself a damn nice Audi! Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Bought car!! Good Deal??