Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pad Wear Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Brake Pad Wear Sensor

I recently replaced the brake pads on my 98 A6 2.8. After doing so, I noticed the brake pad light on the instrument cluster (i.e. wasn't there before) which was I thought was fine because the sensor harness is not the original part but a different one that a garage must have put in the place of the original. I figured that maybe I just hadn't spliced all the wires together properly, or that the splice had come undone since I had very little electrical tape and no wire taps/nuts/etc. But today, I pulled the tire off again with the intention of fixing the splice and getting the light to turn off, butin doing so, I saw that the harness was absolutely nowhere to be found. It actually appeared that it had beenripped off at the base of the wire connecting it to the car and is probably on the side of the road somewhere. I checked with Shokan already, and they said they didn't have replacement harnesses. Is there anywhere I can find replacements other than a junkyard? If not, since there aren't very many yards near me, is there a temporary fix I can use to get the light to turn off?? Any help will be much appreciated!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Brake Pad Wear Sensor

short it out ... take a small piece of wire and just connect the 2 wires ... if it doesnt have two wires try grounding the one ... if u dont have enought wire to ground it then look for a fuse ... if there is no fuse then place balck piece of tap over instrument cluster lol

seriously tho ... i have seen ppl short them out when they buy track pads that dont have the male part of the sensor