Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
Brake pedal mounting bracket broke >

Brake pedal mounting bracket broke

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

Brake pedal mounting bracket broke

Old 02-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Default Brake pedal mounting bracket broke

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>I am looking for current or past owners of 1998-2001 Audi (A4, A6, S4 and Allroad) for Volkswagen Passat owners whose brake pedal mounting bracket fractured or broke either during an accident or before an accident. The brake pedal mounting bracket collapsed on our 1999 Audi A6. All braking capacity was lost and car went out of control at freeway speeds. A serious accident resulted. We have good reason to believe the bracket collapsed hours or days before the accident. After the bracket broke and before the crash, the bracket was loosely held in place with a bolt secured under the dash. The bolt did not hold during the panic application of the brakes. I am looking for owners who have had the same experience or who have had their brake pedal mounting bracket replaced FOR ANY REASON. The bracket may have been replaced by the dealer during a routine inspection of the car. The bracket may have been replaced by the dealer during a routine inspection of the car. The bracke is hard to locate since it is behind the cowl in the drivers foot well and attached to the engine firewall.</FONT></P>