Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Brake Rotors

I need new brake rotors on my C6... The dealership is quoting ridiculous numbers for the parts costs, so I want to buy something good but within reason. I would like to get drilled and slotted rotors. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 10-09-2010, 08:24 AM
2nd Gear

Just get plain jane Zimmerman rotors from ECS Tuning. The drilling and slotting is a waste of money, unless you just want to look cool.

Avoid the cheapy rotors as they are made in China from inferior iron and will "warp" very quickly.

Bob

Old 10-09-2010, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear

What prices are you getting from the dealer?

Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 AM
1st Gear

Cool thanks. My first mistake was taking it to Midas to trying cut some pricey dealership costs, but I am getting quoted about $258 for OEM replacement front rotors, $180 for the rear rotors and almost $200 for the OEM brakes. I figured I could find something for half of those prices online, but wanted to make sure I was buying something good...

Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Just ordered and installed rear rotors and pads on my 04 A6 2.7T with a kit from Blauparts for $118.00 shipped.

Took a total of 20 minutes to install and the quality is first rate. If you plan on doing it yourself, I recommend a caliper tool from Harbor Freight that turns the piston as you compress and with the 20% off coupon on line, it runs $19.00.

Front rotor/pad kit is a little more money at $169.00 I think but if they are as good as the rear set (don't see why the wouldn't be) well worth it.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:10 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down Retraction

Scratch what I said about the Blauparts rotors... they are junk it turns out with warps on both rotors right out of the box (see my other post on the subject).

Save yourself the trouble and go OEM or High Quality aftermarket staying away from Blauparts (at least for anything critical like brakes or TB kits if this is indicative of their part quality).

Sorry for the prior bad advise, that will teach me to reserve comment until I'm sure of the parts quality and throughly tested.

Last edited by MacAngus; 10-20-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 PM
2nd Gear

Stay away from "OEM" parts as they are nothing but cheap made in China junk, especially brake rotors. Either buy VAG parts or one of the more popular name brands.

Bob

Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bob martin
Stay away from "OEM" parts as they are nothing but cheap made in China junk, especially brake rotors. Either buy VAG parts or one of the more popular name brands.

Bob
Ummm OEM parts are VAG parts thats why they are called OEM= original equipment manufacturer

I cant speak for Rotors from Blauparts but I have used two timing belt kits from them and have very good luck with both.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 AM
2nd Gear

You are about to fall into a marketing trap. "OEM" is marketing for "cheap parts that we are too embarressed to put our company name behind, as if you ever heard of our company".

Don't believe me? eBay has parts for you....

Bob

Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bob martin
You are about to fall into a marketing trap. "OEM" is marketing for "cheap parts that we are too embarressed to put our company name behind, as if you ever heard of our company".

Don't believe me? eBay has parts for you....

Bob
There are lots that claim to be oem or as good as but the only true oem is a vag part plain and simple. I dont buy many parts from ebay simply because of that but to make a statement that OEM parts are junk is wrong because the onlt true oem part is a vag part. If you beleive otherwise I have some land I would like to sell you

Quick Reply: Brake Rotors