Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-NAVI disks and such

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear
Default C-NAVI disks and such

Good Evening, All:

Have a question for anyone who has a c-navi system (ah yes, c-navi......the original, and well, ok, not the best!). Is it possible to copy the data CD's?

The reason I ask is because I'm having a hard, hard time finding a full (or even partial) set of CD's for my '01. (I only have the Mid-Atlantic one). The stealership can't help me, as they haven't had c-navi disks in quite some time, according to them. Being that I can't really find them, I figure that if copies can successfully be made/used, I might have better luck finding someone who has a set and copying them. I posted this sort of request in other forums a little while back, but I never thought to ask if it was possible to make a copy. I sort of assumed it was.

So....anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
-Chris

Old 10-05-2007, 07:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: C-NAVI disks and such

I have an 03 A6 and my nav disc is a copy. Has been working fine.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:45 PM

Hi Chris,

Found your questions about the C-NAVI and having the same problem
I thought you would be a good start. :-)

Chris, I need a C-NAVI disk for CA, NV (I believe it's No.1)
Do you have any ideea where I can get a copy?

Thank you in advance!

Emil

Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Hi Chris, I am also an owner of the C-Navi and I am looking for the Mid AtlanticCD #8. I have the Northwest/Southwest CD #2 which covers AZ,NM, CO, ID, MO,OR, UT, WA. WY. Let me know if you want to make an exchange or want a Copy?.
I need the Mid Atlantic but Iam also looking for some others, just let me know.

Thanks Alex@Fabspeed.com

2001 Audi A6 4.2 V8
Fabspeed Sport Exhaust with 2ndary Catbypass Pipes
H&R Lowering Springs
19" ASA

Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Alex@Fabspeed
Hi Chris, I am also an owner of the C-Navi and I am looking for the Mid Atlantic CD #8. I have the Northwest/Southwest CD #2 which covers AZ, NM, CO, ID, MO, OR, UT, WA. WY. Let me know if you want to make an exchange or want a Copy?.
I need the Mid Atlantic but I am also looking for some others, just let me know.

Thanks Alex@Fabspeed.com
Sorry, totally off topic, but are you from this Fabspeed?
http://www.fabspeed.com/

I have your airbox on my 993, & want to get the HFC & mufflers.....

Sorry to thread hijack.

helpful info....
You can copy the disk, you need some kind of "imagining" software, like Norton Ghost.
The CD's are still available for sale http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...TRI3b9nqYXQUs=

The other option is to get a RNS-E DVD based system, that only uses one DVD for all of NA. It takes about 20min to swap over from a RNS-C/D

Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear

Let me know which one do you want, and I will upload the contents thru ftp. You just have to worry about burning them.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

Let me know which one do you want, and I will upload the contents thru ftp. You just have to worry about burning them.

is there any way that you could upload all of them? i'm not sure how much that's asking since i don't know how long and what it takes, but i've only got the cd for the midwest, and i live in indiana and the cutoff line is the indiana/ohio border, but i travel to ohio quite frequently and the gps always quits as soon as i get over the line. if anything, if you could just upload the ones for like eastwards of indiana and maybe the florida area, that'd be completely awesome.
thanks,
mike

Old 11-23-2007, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

The disks are regular CD size, meaning 500-600mb, depending on the map set. I just made an .iso of Disk #7, and it comes out to a nice 535mb. Uploading all of them might be a trick depending on how much bandwidth/storage space he has on his server (or wherever he's parking the files).

Old 11-24-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: RedShoeRider

The disks are regular CD size, meaning 500-600mb, depending on the map set. I just made an .iso of Disk #7, and it comes out to a nice 535mb. Uploading all of them might be a trick depending on how much bandwidth/storage space he has on his server (or wherever he's parking the files).
ok, that makes sense. in that case, could you maybe just do the ones for the midwestern region, like around indiana? those are really the ones that i need, i think it's only 2 or 3 discs, because mine for indiana is outdated anyways because i think it's the year 2000 release, 3 years older than the latest release of them in '03. thanks alot, just let me know what i need to do to download them, and if you're ever in the fort wayne area, you should let me know so i can at least buy you a beer or something!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:49 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry to all the guys, those who have contacted me and never heard back from me. Just been busy with travelling. I will try to do it next week, as you all know it is a time consuming thing. I have no problem with the disk space and bandwidth, however, I will disable the link after 24 hrs, as I don't want the world to download. It will only be for fellow Audi owners on this forum. I will get back to you, when I am ready.

Quick Reply: C-NAVI disks and such