Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 A6 vs. E39 525i

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:37 PM
1st Gear
Default C5 A6 vs. E39 525i

I am 15 right now and I am about to get my permit. My Dad wants a car that he can drive as well and I have a about $5500 to spend on this car. This will be my first car and I want it to be a manual, which is harder to find in the A6's. I dont plan on racing the cars, taking them out on track days, or heavily modding them (if I do anything to the cars it will be a new muffler, a bigger air filter if I get the Audi, or maybe a new body kit with a hood scoop). I have taken driving courses and have driven with my parents, and they say that as of now, I am a very careful driver, and I respect cars too much to purposefully put them in danger by street racing. My dad plans on playing with the car (maybe teaching me how to tune it), and servicing it himself. I only plan on keeping it for about 3 - 4 more years, and then selling it for maybe another, more powerful car (like a C55, a Jag XJR, or a CTS-V). I would only be getting the V6 biturbo Audi, and I want to learn how to work on engines with either of the cars that I get.