Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it can be used in AUDI A6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 AM
1st Gear
Question Is it can be used in AUDI A6?

I'm loooking at buying a AUDI TT DVD GPS player, but my car is 2010' AUDI A6. I wanna seek more expertise recommendations that i can buy it without worries. i'm afraid it cannot be used in my car after i buy it because the navigation system. So, does any one give me some of your experience? Are you try to install a DVD GPS player in your car, but not belong to your car model? Really need some professional suggestions, urgent, thank you!
The info. about AUDI TT DVD GPS player click here.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:30 AM
1st Gear

If it does not support the MOST fiber optic interface it will not work in a 2010 A6 and from what I can see this is not a MOST compatible device. The audio output is stated as "RCR line out" which I assume means and analog RCA line output if so, this will not work with the built in audio system and wiring. You need to ask.

Also, I cannot imagine where it would fit in the instrument cluster. From the shape it looks like it would have to replace the climate control unit.

Notice that none of the models offered are designed for the new MOST fiber optic cars (A6 after 2005, A8 after 2003, A4 after 2008).

Old 08-14-2011, 10:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ManyAudis
If it does not support the MOST fiber optic interface it will not work in a 2010 A6 and from what I can see this is not a MOST compatible device. The audio output is stated as "RCR line out" which I assume means and analog RCA line output if so, this will not work with the built in audio system and wiring. You need to ask.

Also, I cannot imagine where it would fit in the instrument cluster. From the shape it looks like it would have to replace the climate control unit.

Notice that none of the models offered are designed for the new MOST fiber optic cars (A6 after 2005, A8 after 2003, A4 after 2008).
Really nice of you! Thank you so much for giving me helpful suggestions!

Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 AM
1st Gear

If the DVD GPS player fit the car dashboard, then it can be used in that car?