Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can yOu help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Can yOu help?

Hi, i am new to the site, hopefully i will stay for a while..

purchased a 04 a6 s line about a month ago and need help.

I am capable of doing most mechanical/electrical demands but i hit a small bump in the road already.

I purchased the python 991 security/keyless entry/remote start and installed the majority of the unit myself already.

2 issues...

I need help locating wiring schematics for the vehicle and keep running into dead ends..
i researched the net and this forum as well as others like 12volt.com etc... and come up with MOST but not all answers.

i need to know which wires to tap into on the driver side panel for :

trunk release
window control
sunroof control
door trigger

i think that's it.. any help is appreciate it, i tried my best to search everywhere i could think and nothing.

thanks in advance.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 PM
2nd Gear

The official Bentley manual should have the information.

BTW- how did the python interaction with the immo go?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nemohm
The official Bentley manual should have the information.

BTW- how did the python interaction with the immo go?

I found the bentley info but every link to dl is for the manual you must purchase.
am i missing something? There must be a PDF link somewhere or at least info on which wire to tap into for certain functions.

i want to get the most out of the kit....

for the IMMO....
I used the dei expresskit and looped around the ign with secondary key, worked like a charm.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

We only find DIY info on-line for Audis. The Haynes - Chilton manuals for Audis are almost non-existant. Usually they are so generic they are worthless.

If you plan on keeping the vehicle for an extened time is best if you get the Bentley manual for your specific vehicle. Since much of the wiring in the manual is track oriented it is hard to follow the logic, but can be figured out. There seem to be significant differences between models so you need to make sure it is specific to your vehicle.

Over the years I ended up with about 4 different sets of Audi manuals but none are for vehicle. They are copywrited so most of us are not comfortable with making and broadcasting copies.

Paying for an Audi is only a small part of the cost -

Old 05-07-2010, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

Does it mean the immo is out of the picture and security is on the python?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Site Moderator

You can't get rid of the immobilizer, its tied into the ECM, Instrument control panel, and the key control unit. Its the best anti theft device in the damn world, the only way it can be stolen is to have they key, or tow it. Why the hell are you installing a python again? Everything is tied into each other in that car, its more advanced than any aftermarket system out there right now.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:48 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for all your inputs.... Why the hell am I installing a python again? I'd rather have the satisfaction of someone tampering with my car and me instantly know about it so the situation can be taken care of accordingly then fins a trashed or vandalized audi in my driveway or a parkinglot.... But hey at least I can still drive the ****** right? I asked a question on this forum..... It was for someone to help me find what I'm looking for. instead I get asked questions like "why are you installing the system again" .... Audi did a lot of things from factory... And majority of people on this forum change those things to suit their needs, that's what being a car enthusiast is... Isn't it? So next time I need a help around here I'll be more specific and include ( keep irrelevant comments and personal opinions about the topic to yourself)

My first post on the forum looking for help and I get a smartass telling me why the immobilizer should stay hooked up, and asking why I'm putting an aftermarket unit in. If I want to hang a pair of camel nuts off my rearview mirror and keep an intelligent trained midget in the trunk as my security so nobody steals my camel nuts, then its my choice and my car. Respect my opinions and help with what I need help with.

Thank you for your useless reply auditech

Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NH_USA
We only find DIY info on-line for Audis. The Haynes - Chilton manuals for Audis are almost non-existant. Usually they are so generic they are worthless.

If you plan on keeping the vehicle for an extened time is best if you get the Bentley manual for your specific vehicle. Since much of the wiring in the manual is track oriented it is hard to follow the logic, but can be figured out. There seem to be significant differences between models so you need to make sure it is specific to your vehicle.

Over the years I ended up with about 4 different sets of Audi manuals but none are for vehicle. They are copywrited so most of us are not comfortable with making and broadcasting copies.

Paying for an Audi is only a small part of the cost -

I did further research and found every wire diagram for this vehicle online.... I figured chilton or haynes wouldn't be of much help although chilton does have useful wiring diagrams ...

My other options were to find someone with alldata or at a stereo shop with the info but wanted to figure this out on the weekend n most places are closed

Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Boostnpleasure
Thanks for all your inputs.... Why the hell am I installing a python again? I'd rather have the satisfaction of someone tampering with my car and me instantly know about it so the situation can be taken care of accordingly then fins a trashed or vandalized audi in my driveway or a parkinglot.... But hey at least I can still drive the ****** right? I asked a question on this forum..... It was for someone to help me find what I'm looking for. instead I get asked questions like "why are you installing the system again" .... Audi did a lot of things from factory... And majority of people on this forum change those things to suit their needs, that's what being a car enthusiast is... Isn't it? So next time I need a help around here I'll be more specific and include ( keep irrelevant comments and personal opinions about the topic to yourself)

My first post on the forum looking for help and I get a smartass telling me why the immobilizer should stay hooked up, and asking why I'm putting an aftermarket unit in. If I want to hang a pair of camel nuts off my rearview mirror and keep an intelligent trained midget in the trunk as my security so nobody steals my camel nuts, then its my choice and my car. Respect my opinions and help with what I need help with.

Thank you for your useless reply auditech
Oh excuse me. I only said that because i know a lot about that car and i know for a fact your in WAYYYYYY over your head. Immobilizer isn't "hooked" up, its integrated into the entire car's electronics. If this were a honda or a chevy i would easilly just tell you what to do. What do i know though, this "smart ***" only worked on the brand for several years......... Knock yourself out buddy, and buy a bentley manual. If you want to own an elite car, you can at least OWN a good manual for it.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

I'm not in over my head.... The unit is installed and works flawlessly.

The immobilizer still works and it is a part of the vehicle's security, python was only the added luxury and security item.

I only replied to a smartass comment as a smartass because i saw it as a proper thing to do.

I ask for help on a certain subject and you question me on why i did something?

its my "elite" car... if i chose to change something about it or upgrade a part of it and need help, you should just do that, help a fellow audi owner out.

I'm glad you know the vehicle and can work on it, but it seems like you know how to question people on what their decisions are as well.

I do feel warm and welcome here already tho thank you.