Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't believe I'm asking this.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Default Can't believe I'm asking this.....

02 A6 quattro if it matters

Where do you buy windshield wipers?? I went to Autozone and the computer gave me all of these different models. I bought some Bosch ones (most expensive and figured likely to work), but not a chance in hell. My factory arms have a trapezoidal bar on them and not the usual 'u-shaped' hook like I'm used to. Three guys from the store came out b/c they didn't believe me when I returned them. Consensus was order them from Audi. Unfortunately the closest Audi dealer is 40mi away. I looked on Ebay and found some OEM Bosch ones, but the picture doesn't look the same as mine so I'm sketched. I don't want to waste $55.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:40 AM
3rd Gear

I believe you might have the Aero wiper....it does not have the hook. I was able to buy them online a few years ago but could not find them again with a fast google search. When I needed new ones this spring, I just bought them from my indie shop -- they were $48 for the pair so they ain't cheap. It might actually be easier to just buy them from your Audi dealer -- even if you can find them, by the time you ad in freight you are probably close to the same price. And with the dealer, you are sure they will fit.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:14 PM

Yeah, guess I'll be driving somewhere then. I found the Aero kit on Ebay - arms and blades, but even though the blades look the same as mine (thin and w/ a little "spoiler" on them), the arms don't - yet another different connection!!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:19 PM

FOUND THEM!!!!

Just rechecked Ebay and someone had just listed my identical pair - even listed a factory part #. It wasn't a Buy It Now and I'm impatient, so I searched Google. I had completely forgot about ECS Tuning which I use to order quite a few things from when I had my GTI and low and behold, they had them!! $37.18 shipped.

Thanks for the help!! (and yes, they are the aero blades. Learn something new everyday)

Last edited by gone postal; 06-08-2009 at 06:31 PM.