Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can't feel turbos kick

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:08 PM
1st Gear
Default can't feel turbos kick

I switched from plus to premium gas and the drive feels so much different. (audi 2.7t s line)

I don't know if I like it better though. When I used plus or regular, I could feel a huge pull after the car hit 30 mph. I don't feel that pull any longer. It feels a bit slower but that could just be because of the lack of pull, almost as if the turbos arent kicking in

what's going on? it could be something else because I just started feeling this this afternoon and I filled the car yesterday.

Thanks

Old 04-14-2008, 09:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: can't feel turbos kick

anyone?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm make believe

please use 91+ octane ONLY. The lower octane lowers timing and that lowers performance and gas milage.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

i am

but i don't feel that kick of turbos anymore

could be gas could be something else

Old 04-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm make believe

you more of a punch, get a chip

Old 04-14-2008, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

i have enough of a kick from the turbos... I just feel as if it went down significantly

Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

you know honestly i would think that yourtiming was retarded so much the diffrence when the turbos and non was greater. use a gtech and test out your times if your really worried. personally i would never run anything under 91 in my car.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:48 PM
1st Gear

I always run 91 or higher octane but I can't say as I ever feel a 'kick' from the turbos. That in itself isn't a bad thing because it actually just shows there is no real turbo lag at work here. In my old 1.8T Jetta the turbo lag was obvious and you could feel it when it finally got around to spooling up, but in the 2.7T the advantage of having two turbos is shown by the lack of lag....thus the acceleration is quick from the start with no obvious spool up or lag (which generally would result in the 'kick').

Maybe this is just my car, but I have always felt the turbos were setup to be smooth rather than having any amount of spool up time.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:08 PM
1st Gear

Well I felt the same thing just today. Im worried. I was driving today and it was in tip and when I gave it some gas to go (from a left turn) it felt a little, I don't know dead? So I switched it back to the regular auto and when I went to go push it, it still had a little bit of a dead feeling. If I gun really hard I can feel the turbos, but it just doesn't seem to respond the way it did like even yesterday. Could it be a cylinder misfire? spark plug? I pray it not the tranny. It did feel like this when I had a cylinder misfire about a month ago. No CEL though. Im going to go on another quick ride to check it out again. any ideas?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

yeah it isn't a good feeling. I felt it a bit more later today. in the morning it was still weak but it felt better as the day went on. maybe it's the full gas tank who knows

I still have a 2 month warranty on it i might just take it down see if there is a problem with the turbo and get it replaced if there is

Quick Reply: can't feel turbos kick