Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL on...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:30 AM
3rd Gear
Default CEL on...

Well, the other day, I replaced my cam seals, cam adjuster seals and valve cover gaskets. Now I am getting a series of CELs and I want to hear what you all think.

First it was P1177. O2 sensor behind cat, bank 2 limit reached. What the hell, I erased it.

A couple of days later I get P1411 and P1423. Secondary air pump on both banks too low.

I am thinking it may be vacuum related. Also should I be looing at a specific vacuum line location? What do you think?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: CEL on...

I love duct tape.

Ihad a vacuum leak on the bank 2 combination valve hose. I just traced the vacuum line and noticed that the line was crimped around the inlet. Sure enough, there was a tear on the hose.

For now I duct taped the tear, but will replace the hose once I have a chance to go to a parts store. Just wanted to share the experience.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM

a fluctuation of your rev counter at idling speed couldrule out or in a vacuum leak dont you think? why dont you check the connection,black hose from the air pump to valve charmber bank 1 and that to valve cover right side tracing back to left side. this plastics break easily with age. plz keep me informed so i can do what ever i can to find a solution to this.youve been of tremendous contribution to this forum

Old 07-22-2008, 10:21 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks Kimi. For now I taped up the leak and it seems to be running without a code. Readiness code hasn't set yet. So once I have the readiness code set, I will wait to see if there are any codes popping up again. BTW, did you ever get your timing chain issue resolved?