Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL light

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
1st Gear
Default CEL light

I have an '03 A6 Q w/ a 3.0 engine. The other day I was driving it and the CEL came on. I took it into the dealer since it is still under warranty. They checked it out and told me that the code stated that I have a faulty Catalytic Converter. I was then told that AoA requires them to reset the code and if the CEL then comes on again, they will replace it. In the meantime, the service advisor told me that the values were set too tight on the A6 and they went in there manually to reset them. I asked them about the ECU software upgrade, but they told me that it wasn't available on the 3.0

Does all this sound right?

Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: CEL light

That doesn't sound right to me? The CEL comes on and they just turn it off without trying to find the problem? Did they even look at the CAT? Audi has serious issues with their whole exhaust system and I would be concerned if the CEL came on due to the CAT. You could try to find a local shop that specializes in Audi's and covers warranty workand see what they say?

Old 01-18-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: CEL light

They did look at the CAT and thought it looked ok. It was that they couldn't replace it under warranty unless the light came on again after they reset the values.