Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Spash Shield Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Default Center Spash Shield Replacement

Hey Everyone, I'm new here. I have a 2003 Audi A6 Quattro. I was wondering where I would be able to purchase a new/used Center Splash Shield for the front of the car. I hope that makes sense. I need to get a new one for my car.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

|-Goku-|

Old 04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
3rd Gear

You mean the thingy that goes under the motor?

Try force Five in concord NH 603-223-6700

Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Related subject, how important is it? Mine seems to have disappeared after I took the car to a tire shop to have new rubber mounted. It was there the weekend before, not there the weekend after. I asked about it, but they claim they would have no reason to remove it and pretty much said "wasn't us".

Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Site Moderator

Well its not a splash shield, the common name is the belly pan. It basically serves as a wind deflector/aero dynamic piece. It also catches oil so it doesn't stain the floor, but is it necessary? Nah. I haven't used one on my A4 since ive owned it.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 AM
4th Gear

If you look at it, it has a couple of NACA vents that help remove engine compartment air increasing cooling.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 AM
3rd Gear

There has been some forum discussion on this, but nothing conclusive. It's not a required part and probably offers limited cooling (since heat rises), but does protect the engine from water splashing. I know mine makes a heck of a racket when driving thru deep snow. It's most important function is preventing oil leaks on your driveway.....as I heard it, all the German mfrs require it because they don't want the customer to see their expensive Mercedes or Audi leaking oil on the driveway of their million $ mansion.

If you do a google search on "Audi + bellypan" you'll find them online for about $150. You'll also need a half dozen or so bolts -- not sure of their dimensions or thread.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ppgoal
probably offers limited cooling (since heat rises), .
not when your diving.... air through radiator, down across engine, out back of belly pan.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 AM
3rd Gear

Good question for the forum then: how many driving without bellypans and are they running hot?

Old 04-30-2009, 11:33 AM
3rd Gear

Anyways, you can get one from ECStuning.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
3rd Gear

Threaded Bolts for the belly pan????? LOL LOL LOL

I can't stop laughing ---

They use 1/4 turn fasterners that disapear quite fast. I use tye wraps in every position except the front two to keep mine in place. I even went as far as purchasing black tye wraps so the old lady next door will know that I'm color coordinated when I run her over.

The mechanic that does work on my vehicle when I don't have time kids me about the "matching underthings" (he says it is like a southern lady with matching undies.) and even though I give him extras he always slips in at lease one red one. When I complaign he tells me that my lady is stepping out on me.

Quick Reply: Center Spash Shield Replacement