Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Completely Pissed at AUDI dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default Completely Pissed at AUDI dealer

Sorry haven't been around lately, I just relocated back to NY and it's been a journey.

On the way (one of my many trips)to NY from FL I get a flat tire. No problem I have a FULL SIZE SPARE WITH A BRAND NEW TIRE....[B]NOT!!!The time anyone has had this car was Audi for a trans fluid and filter change that I had to re-perform my damn self. They did leave me with a do-nut though, A$$-O-s

I spoke with them and Complete denial. Wouldn't even start an inquiry however he was real interested in finding out where I bought the rim from. ( Told him I would leave that up to the Sheriff dept)

So now I'm back in NY and they are in FL. So I'm going to have the nut that holds the tire finger printed ( MY Father is a retired Lieutenant.) and send the info and Photos (Yup I have friggin pictures too) off to Audi and the Fort Myers Sheriff Dept. In hopes of shoving it in there *** here in Westchester NY where every other damn car is an AUDI I'll also send it to the NEWS see if they want a piece of the pie. Maybe I'll at least get my tire and rim back.

AUDI SERVICE IS A COMPLETE SCAM... I have learned and forgotten more in the past year than those idiots will ever know.

Stealers!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 AM

I feel your pain! Many shops deal with so many cars, mistakes are made such as your wheel/tire issue...try talking to someone else at the dealership before telling them about a lawyer you know..sometimes dat don't work Did you talk to the SM or GM?
My question...why they needed to remove a spare tire to change the trannie fluid, somethin sure fishy?

Last edited by mystrodo; 07-06-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: hmmmm?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear

I talked to the service manager. Got no where with him.

They stole it period. why else would there be a temporary spare in there. I just finger print it and let them explain it to the man why they remove tires to change transmission filters. Hell they didn't even remove my pan to change my filter... How honest is that?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 PM

I agree..someone working for them pulled a fast one it sure sounds like..stole an expensive Audi wheel and tire. At this stage, I wouldn't even trust that they changed the fluids..ya might want to take a sample if possible and have it tested.

Call the dealership owner and see if you can get reasonable satisfaction, let him know of your experience with the SM. I seriously doubt your the first one whose had this done at that dealership...how often do people check the spare...they know this, nice way to make $800.
If he tries to blow you off, ask him if it's worth losing 10's of thousands in sales when your finished with him.. spreading the word on his service dept and their thieving ways? Then ask him to check your first post on his local craigslist in the car section.They'll erase it but repost occationally. Contact the BBB. There are many ways to get a crooked dealer now days.

anyway..welcome back

BTW...sales stickers sometimes say if the car had a full sized spare..it was an option if it also had the forged wheel.

Last edited by mystrodo; 07-06-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

thats some bs. Where I grew up there was 1 dealer, and I've heard he wasn't that honest. I learned to do my own work just because of the horror stories I'd heard of the mechanics back home.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

Life too short to get upset over this. I'm sure the police have better things to do than to fingerprint all the employee at the dealership.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
3rd Gear

It's simple -- All people are crooks except you and me...and sometimes I'm not sure about you!

As for the police -- they are only interested in donuts and big time crooks. A cheep (expensive) wheel only gets passing interest until it belongs to some big wig with political pull.

As for dealers -- you can be sure they are only looking out for themselves and see you as a source of money. When you go to a dealer - expect to be screwed and be happy when it ony hurts a little.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by NH_USA
It's simple -- All people are crooks except you and me...and sometimes I'm not sure about you!

As for the police -- they are only interested in donuts and big time crooks. A cheep (expensive) wheel only gets passing interest until it belongs to some big wig with political pull.

As for dealers -- you can be sure they are only looking out for themselves and see you as a source of money. When you go to a dealer - expect to be screwed and be happy when it ony hurts a little.
Dealers especially Audi dealer don't like or want bad press and certainly don't like getting their nose rubbed in it.. it will cost them money. Ya, a *person could just do nothing... but isn't it more interesting to challenge someone who steals from you?
also...how do you know they even changed the Transmission fluid at this stage?

The Forged wheel might be gone but I'd damn sure get my fluid tested, it only cost $22 at blackstone:
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/standard-analysis.php

Last edited by mystrodo; 07-08-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: link
Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
2nd Gear

+1 get the fluid tested, and IF it shows they did nothing, get the police involved. They may only be interested in donuts and hot shots, but its your tax dollars! GET WHAT YOU PAY THEM FOR!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear

I have plenty of friends that are cops so I'm having it fingerprinted and run through the system. If he has a record or simply a child in school then his prints are in the system. At which point I will let Audi deal with their dealer. What would you say to a dealer pulling this crap in a economic market like this, They can't give these things away as it is. It's a real shame. I was completely calm on the phone with him like mello yellow... You should have heard him when I said I had pictures of it taken at a dealer when we were thinking of selling it. Besides the cops here owe me let them screw with the SM and freak him out a bit.

Quick Reply: Completely Pissed at AUDI dealer