Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could the following be due to TBB?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Could the following be due to TBB?!?

Hi,

Recently got 2.7T (2000). It brough up engine light after a week and VAG-COM initially pointed to a temp MAF issue according to this forum, so I cleared the DTCs and left it a week.

Light has come on again and VAG-COM reports:
17831 - P1423
17819 - P1411
17544 - P1136
17546 - P1138

After doing research on this forum I am starting to believe that all these could be caused by loss of Vacuum pressure or maybe still just the notorious TBB tear.

I am in the process of ordering a new TBB (UK only £15 with clamps), but should I be looking anywhere else for leaks.

Also could the MAF still be part of the problem

Many thanks in anticipation

Danny

Old 07-10-2006, 10:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Could the following be due to TBB?!?

Based on your model year, the other thing to check is the F hose. Audi eliminated this hose after 2001.5, but you have it and it is another potential trouble spot. Here's a post from another forum that shows a pic of the location for the f hose: F Hose Location

Old 07-30-2006, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

Just updating as courtesy for the previous help.
Got new TBB and some other parts,
Once I got to the TBB I noted it was one of the new ones with new smooth clips, but wasn't sitting properly on the underside.
Took it off, cleaned and reseated.
Also replaced a braided vacuum hose above throttle which had perished.
Havn't yet cleared the error codes from engine as my VAG-COM as stopped working on laptop, but will do that.
I reckon though that the 4k issue has gone, but I have still get errors for mixture to rich and to lean.
However I am convinced this is due to cracked non return valve I found and am trying to identify the part
See other thread: https://www.audiforums.com/m_323302/tm.htm

Many thanks again

I will update again when I know more

Old 07-30-2006, 02:53 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: larah

Just updating as courtesy for the previous help... I will update again when I know more
Thanks for the follow-up. Always great when people do this -- adds to the knowledge base that a good forum's archive can be. (Hint: this is why we always use the search button before posting a question, right?)

Old 07-30-2006, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

Not a problem.
That's how I discovered the TBB issue.
Now I just need some kind person to identify the mystery vacuum part on my other post and I'll be a happy bunny (UK expression!)