Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crash questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:17 PM
1st Gear
Default crash questions

i just got in a crash with my 2003 3.0 a6 going about37mph and hit a rather large curb and all the impact was absorbed on my front left tire. the oil was lost and it looked like transmition fluid was also on the ground the tire was pused up also and was off balace to the other ones so i guess the suspention is messed up and the front drive axel and it looked pretty messed up. can this all be repared?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: crash questions

Ughh. Im sorry for your unfortunate accident. At least your ok, but on to the car. I suppose you could fix it but expect a high price for it. If it is the axle you are pretty much screwed. That is a major part of the vehicle. I know that some 3.0's don't have quattro. If you do have it that is just going to make it even more expensive. The leaking fluids show internal damage and even though the price of the parts might not cost too much, the labor will kill you unless you DIY. Obviously I haven't seen the car so it might not be as bad as I imagine it, but this just my opinion on what I have told to me. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

well it is a quattro so it sounds like i'm screwed then. si if anything is wrong with the axel there's nothing i can do?

Old 03-22-2008, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

I can only suggest. Im not going to say throw it in the junk yard, but you should get it checked out. There could be some hope. I remember on an old mercedes my dad used to have, it had a similar problem (with the wheel pushed up and the others normal). I was much younger and now im 18 but it was fine. It was either not messed up or we got it fixed and it got sold to a friend of ours who still has it. It could be just that tire and not the whole axle. There are many factors to a problem like this and the audis are very complex cars. It could be the control arm, bushings, joints, coil-overs etc. Get it looked at. (It really hurts me hearing this by the way)

Old 03-22-2008, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

thank you i decided i am getting it checked out i hope it turns out ok i don't know what i what i would get if it is something serious thank you though it was a really beautiful and great feeling car

Old 03-22-2008, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear

You really need to have someone look at it before making any decisions. It is hard to tell what damage was done without looking at it. Most things can be repaired - all it takes is money and time. It might be just a few suspension parts and an axel or it could be a cracked trans case and major tearing out of mounting points. Don't go to an Audi dealer unless you trust him, the price will be 2-3 times what a good independant shop will charge.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

I attached a pic of the car. I dunno how to post it up thought. Can someone help with this please

Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

Sorry for your unfortunate event. Take NH_USA's advice hes giving me alot of good advice and tips on here (Much Thanks!). Dont act on anything without have a few professionals give you estimates and such

Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the kind words retard...

As for Schroeder - we can't tell anything from the pictures except that you messed up the front valence, tire and rim.
You have to jack it up -take off the tire/rim and look under it to see what is bent - broken.
It dosen't sound as if your mechanically adapt so you really need to have someone look at it for you.

My daughter just did in the front of my A6 Avant and all it took to fix was areplacement headlight, side light and grill. I was able to pull out the hood and leftht side radiator brace. It moved the radiator back about 4 inches on the left side. In some ways we were lucky because the other guy's bumper went overour bumper and just did a little damage. It looked worse that it was. Chris at Force Five got me the parts quiclky.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

well anyways the insurence gave me more than i paid for it so i'm looking for another car now

Quick Reply: crash questions