Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Credit Card/Change Drawer

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Credit Card/Change Drawer

The drawer to the left of the hazzard light became stuck. I was able to remove the molding and get it to open. There is a considerable amount of change behind the drawer (probably not enough to put my kids through college). I need to remove the drawer to get the change out. I've read some posts on the internet but none are real specific on how to do it. One person said you just pull real hard. I want to be able to replace it once the money is removed.

Thanks.

Rich

Old 07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Credit Card/Change Drawer

Also the car is a 1999 A6.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:41 PM
2nd Gear

Here's a post that will help you out... on a different forum.

FYI, I think that puppy is just designed to hold credit cards. As I think you've learned, coins end up jamming it up.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the quick reply. The link had good information just not where the clips are located that secure the drawer into the enclosure. I'll probably have to end up at the dealer and spend the money that is currently stashed behind the drawer!

Old 07-24-2006, 06:02 PM

when the glove box is opened there are screws to remove which can easily be seen

Old 07-24-2006, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

The tabs that are holding the credit card tray in teh dash are in the upper right and left sides. Use a set of radio keys or something to press the tabs up and away from the recess in the top corners of the tray housing. Then the whole unit slide out. Here is a pic of the cupholder removal, but same thing for the tray

Old 07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

I read that the screws aren't what holds in the drawer or the drink holder. The picture you posted has very visible clips. Mine has a plastic type bezel going around the drawer, hazard light, and drink holder. There are large plastic clips below each. It almost appears that I need to push down on the 3 plastic clips and then try to pull out the drawer. I took a digital picture of the set up to help explain but the file is too large and I cannot upload it. I can email it to you if you have the time to look at it.

Thanks.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

got it to work. Thanks for the help. I used a small screwdriver on the right top corner of the drawer. I pried it outward and the drawer released and then slid out.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:32 AM
3rd Gear

For future notice the businnes card/credit card holder is for business/credit cards and coins will cause it to jamb. Same goes for the ash tray. Use it for ash or else it will jam. Another note. Neither is warrantyable. Same goes for coins in the shifter.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:01 PM
gpz
1st Gear

I use my credit card drawer for my Garmin GPS mounting base. It fits perfectly on a diagonal angle. It works perfectly: It mounts my GPS V right were I want it to be for good vision and easy reach, and when I'm done with it I remove it from the mount, and the drawer closes and you'd never know I have a GPS. The only thing that isn't perfect is that it is very hard to move the latch switch to lock the mount with the GPS in it, but all that really does is prevent the GPS from rotating in the base, and isn't strictly necessary to use.

Glad you got your drawer fixed.

Quick Reply: Credit Card/Change Drawer