Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU uprgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:28 PM
1st Gear
Default ECU uprgrade

Does anyone have a rough idea what an acceptable amount for the stealership should charge for an ECU upgrade? My car keeps popping up the same code and I've had it looked at by a couple of shops and they couldn't find anything wrong. I did find a TSB about an ECU upgrade around the same time I bought my A6 so I know it hasn't had it done.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:56 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ECU uprgrade

All these views and nobody has an answer.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
3rd Gear

Are you talking about getting a new ECU or just some newer code?

Why don't you call the local dealer & talk to them about it.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:40 PM
1st Gear

Hi Heisse............I hear what you're aying about the amount of views v the amount of replies...............its a pretty poor ratio I agree.
I'm a mod on another forum which is very different. I've just joined here a short while ago and posted myself a few times with very very poor response.
Anyway........re your ECU question.
I have a 2.0 TDI giving 140 hp and recently got an ECU upgrade from the dealer taking it to176 bhp for only £650 As the car is new all warranties remain as Audi themselves performed the upgrade, so well worth it in my opinion.
The car has lots more usable power and is much more torquey.
I am assuming you may have a petrol variant, however, I would say ask the dealer for a quote. If you are lucky enough to be within striking distance of 2 or 3.........ask them all!

Jim C

Old 06-16-2007, 01:33 AM
1st Gear

Yeah thanks Jim. I've called around and they roughly want about $200 for it. One of the three around doesn't even know what I am talking about. Thanks for the input.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:43 AM
1st Gear

Let me first ask what code are you getting?

Second as for the dealer doing an ECU upgrade I would say that it sounds great but in the aftermarket world you might be best suited to go with one of the performance companies that people have a frame of reference to. This will help in the future and not only that but it will help you when you do furtherperformance upgrades.

IMHO it is best to open a relationship with a tuner you feel comfortable with. This will only help you in the future and a good tuner will point you in the right direction.........This is if you are saying that the Dealer is up dating your ECU with performance software.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Is this the ECU flash to which you refer?

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/623856.phtml

If so, $200 is probably the best you'll do, although it seems a bit high for what they actually have to do.

You may get more response if you actually include some details in your post - Year & engine, exact codes, etc.