Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach pro kit springs with Koni FSD??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Eibach pro kit springs with Koni FSD??

I have recently acquired a '02 4.2l A6 with a sports package. I am using this as a daily driver and a family car. I do not plan to track the car. I just want to reduce the roll and improve handling of the car even with the sport suspension on it. I was planning on geting the eibach pro kit springs and the koni FSD for the car. I want to achieve a not to hard of a ride yet get the handling that I think would come with the set-up. What do you guys think? If you have any other suggestions please just chime in with your responses....Thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Eibach pro kit springs with Koni FSD??

Although KONI has tested and approved their FSD's with the Eibach on the 2.7T A6, they have NOT on the 4.2 and there fore don't sell the kit like the one I got. They typically only recommend using FSD's with stock springs, unless for those applications they have approved. Weight and travel for example are considerations. YOu should call them. I am not saying you could not buy the FSDs and separately the Eibach pro Kit, but they won't guarantee anything if you run into issues or are not satisfied. You might also not get the full benefit of the FSD. I would go with the Eibach and a different shock. Stay away from the Koni yellows as they are too rough for a Daily driver IMO.

For body roll and overall tighter handling, do yourself a favor and invest in a set of Hsport sway bars. You'll love them!

Old 02-27-2008, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

formulagigi...always nice to get some good input from you...thanks

Old 02-27-2008, 02:58 AM
1st Gear

formulagigi,
should i expect any issues if i get this kit before gettingmy springs and shocks?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...amp;perfCode=S

Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 PM
2nd Gear

No actually I would recommend you do it first for the following reasons:

- To truly appreciate the difference they make without any other mods.
- To see whether this is enough your handling needs. YOU might not want to change the suspension afterwards if it handles well enough. Your cornering will be vastly improved, a lot less of the "boat" roll in turns!

For suspension, you could run the Eiback with stock shocks which will improve handling and reduce roll further while maintaining a decent ride. However, you must know that they will wear your shocks faster and you will most likely experience a bouncier ride.

Find some good shocks, maybe Billstein, and sintall them with the Eibach. Install is pricey, so get it right the first time.

Brice

Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM

Hey, I have been searching for Suspension options, I have heard of bilisten shocks and H&R springs? I believe that was the most recomended option. (correct me if wrong) Recently I have been hearing a lot about Coilover and was wondering if they would be a better option.

I'm fairly new to suspension mods, but i know that i want the car lower and a firmer ride.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear

If you want lowering and a firmer ride for better handling, then do H&Rs and Koni Yellows.
Billstein makes a good shock too but never actually tried it on an A6.

Do you have the sport suspension? If you do, I can sell you my used H&R/Konis for 500$ shipped.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear

YOu dont really need coil olvers, too much $. YOU dont track your 6, do you?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Nope, I dont see the point in adjusting the suspension otherwise which is why i was confused in the first place!

Old 02-28-2008, 04:39 AM
1st Gear

formulagigi,

tnx man. i was planning on getting all of them neway. i was just planning it out for money purposes. right now i have the money for the sway kit...the springs and shocks are next in line...but i would try to install all at once...i have a good shop to go to for them...

Quick Reply: Eibach pro kit springs with Koni FSD??