Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Emissions

Every now and then i see what looks like what you would see (white exhaust haze)coming out of your tailpipes on a cold winters days while excelerating from a stop. The only interesting this about this its been happening in the middle of the summer. I did search and really cant seem to come up with anything. I dont believe this is normal, any ideas.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Default RE: Emissions

I would try a oil changed first, it might be all you need.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

What engine do you have?? Because white smoke from the tailpipes is a sign of your turbos going.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

sorry gents for got to mention 3.0
Also just recently had an oil change at the stealership.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: alias747

What engine do you have?? Because white smoke from the tailpipes is a sign of your turbos going.
I'm asking because I dont know, but could you replace the turbos with 2 superchargers? I'm asking because the turbos are unreliable.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, lets put2 superchargers on an A6 3.0 that's a non turbo. Turbos are about as unreliable as your input. If you can put 2 supercharges in an A6, I would like to see it. Unfortuantely the way the car is set up there's no way or room for you to havethat set up because that's virtually impossible to put together. Man, where do you get your information from?
Back to the real subject, moisture or condensation could be what you see. Even in the summer you can expect to see this. If you're concerned, start your car and wait until you see the smoke, go back to the exhaust pipe and place the palm of your hand near the smoke. You'll be able to smell oil if it is oil, if not you will be able to see the moisture on your hand, which should be condensation or moisture. If it is, there shouldn't be a problem, unless you smell coolant. Good luck

Old 09-13-2007, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: EnviedA6

Yeah, lets put2 superchargers on an A6 3.0 that's a non turbo. Turbos are about as unreliable as your input. If you can put 2 supercharges in an A6, I would like to see it. Unfortuantely the way the car is set up there's no way or room for you to havethat set up because that's virtually impossible to put together. Man, where do you get your information from?
Back to the real subject, moisture or condensation could be what you see. Even in the summer you can expect to see this. If you're concerned, start your car and wait until you see the smoke, go back to the exhaust pipe and place the palm of your hand near the smoke. You'll be able to smell oil if it is oil, if not you will be able to see the moisture on your hand, which should be condensation or moisture. If it is, there shouldn't be a problem, unless you smell coolant. Good luck

First off, I know the 3.0 dont have turbos, im asking about the 2.7 and if you had any commom sence, you would know which car I was talkin about.

Second, it was a question.....if you COULD replace the turbos with a superchargers and it only called for a yes or no answer.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

I think I gave you an answer

Old 09-14-2007, 04:06 AM
1st Gear

What about a flux capicator? I know I need 1.21 gigawatts but can I fit that on my 98 a6 (non quattro)?

Quick Reply: Emissions