Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP and ABS indicater on

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
TCB
1st Gear
Question ESP and ABS indicater on

My first thread .. hello world of car masters i wanna become full of knowledge like you.. getting to the point.

On my dash my ESP and ABS indicators are on , now i researched the forums and found that it could be my ABS module and i can get it rebuild or fix it from modulemaster.com ($300) i come to understand that if my ABS fail then the ESP indicator would also light up ... but is there a sure way to know that the reason for both this indicators to be on is this module? after all it is 300 mackchickens were talking about here ..

any cheap instruments to buy or anything of the sort?

thank you for your time.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Default could be brake pedal light switch go south

Ask some one to check your braker lights when you press the brake ... or back up to a shop with big glass and see from you rear view mirror.

If it is .. simple fix $20

Old 01-30-2012, 01:52 AM
2nd Gear

Sometimes the brake light switch that is located under the brake pedal might be going bad. Currently thats what is happening to my car, but the lights come on and off. I do have a replacement brake light switch sitting around, but I havent felt like replacing it yet

Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM
TCB
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Tourbo24
Sometimes the brake light switch that is located under the brake pedal might be going bad. Currently thats what is happening to my car, but the lights come on and off. I do have a replacement brake light switch sitting around, but I havent felt like replacing it yet
=) THANX FOR THE replay i tho i was gonna be waiting for a while , are you saying theres a light right on the back of the pedal you breack with?

Old 01-30-2012, 06:56 PM
TCB
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigdadi
Ask some one to check your braker lights when you press the brake ... or back up to a shop with big glass and see from you rear view mirror.

If it is .. simple fix $20
thanks i give it a try they work fine ..

Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear

Well I tried replacing mine today but I had the wrong part lol.. I had a 4 pin brake light switch and I needed a 2-pin one. Sent that one back and ordered the 2-pin from rockauto for $12 shipped Go under your steering wheel and remove the cover, then look under the brake pedal there are two switches that get pressed when you hit the brake. The white one, or the one towards the front of the car is the brake light switch, check if you have a 4 or a 2 pin connector. If replacing the switch doesn't solve your problem you might have to get the ABS module rebuild.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:52 PM
3rd Gear

I'll put in good word for modulemasters. About three years I tried to rewire my fogs as DRLs and "shorted" out my ABS. Or so I thought. Anyway I sent the ABS away to MM and they checked it and sent it back as "good" at no charge. I reinstalled it and it worked fine. So apparently whatever I did caused it to appear to fail but it just needed to be "rebooted". You can drive the car without the ABS unit.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:04 PM
TCB
1st Gear

lol ... okay i couldnt take out the steering wheel cover cause of one of the screws so i gotta wait , i looked under the pedal and see the switch your talking about how do i know if it is good or bad? lol i notice while i was down there that theres a little light thats supposed to shine light on the pedals but thats not working could that mean that thats whats wrong with it? i hope is not the module (tears)

Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 PM
1st Gear
Default check my post below re how to remove panels.

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthre...y#post24226005

Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

Hi TBC,
Same problem happened to me, after I checked all the swiches and all the abs sensors ended replesing the abs module, but I didn't pay that much, I only paid $100 and is working fine.....
I found this companny on e-bay, I don't have the companny information but if you look on e-bay I'm sure you'll find a good deal.