Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Tips/Muffler - Yeah I searched

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Exhaust Tips/Muffler - Yeah I searched

Hey guys,

Next post, next mod;Exhaust. Yea I searched.

Here are my questions:
1. I like the oval look of the RS6 exhaust, did a search could only find it to fit on a 4.2. Will they also fit on a 2.7T?
2. Where can I order Muffler/tips, I do not want a full catback at the moment?
3. I also saw some maganflow exhausts with oval tips. Where can I buy these?

I'm essentially making sure all of these will fit a 2.7T and I need the suppliers you gentlemen are buying from.

Thank you.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Exhaust Tips/Muffler - Yeah I searched

1) im sure you can make it fit lol ... ull just have to cut the val a little

2)I spent a LONG time researching this exhaust topic ... i bought a catback from remus for around 800 bucks with shipping... the mufflers are a pain to fit on the 2.7s bc the spare tire well is in the way ...on my mufflers it looks like remus took a hammer and smashed the one side so it would fit lol and there was actually a sticker sayin that they did this on purpose... i kno some people used magnaflow and had a shop bend pipes for them ... i dont kno if your into loud and obnoxious but the magnaflow is probably the route to take if you want sound... my remus doesnt sound much louder then stock and FORMULAGIGI has an APR and he had commented it wasnt much louder then stock ... you will get almost no gain from an exhaust unless you have a chip it will help with pressure... i tried searching for tip threads bc i saw one a while back but i cant find it now..sorry

3)google magnaflow

Old 03-31-2008, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

madaudi.com

exhaust tips on this site

Old 03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: joetm

1) im sure you can make it fit lol ... ull just have to cut the val a little

2)I spent a LONG time researching this exhaust topic ... i bought a catback from remus for around 800 bucks with shipping... the mufflers are a pain to fit on the 2.7s bc the spare tire well is in the way ...on my mufflers it looks like remus took a hammer and smashed the one side so it would fit lol and there was actually a sticker sayin that they did this on purpose... i kno some people used magnaflow and had a shop bend pipes for them ... i dont kno if your into loud and obnoxious but the magnaflow is probably the route to take if you want sound... my remus doesnt sound much louder then stock and FORMULAGIGI has an APR and he had commented it wasnt much louder then stock ... you will get almost no gain from an exhaust unless you have a chip it will help with pressure... i tried searching for tip threads bc i saw one a while back but i cant find it now..sorry

3)google magnaflow
Thx for the info, well heres the problem, I had a Borla exhaust on my 99 Lexus GS400....it sounded f***** amazing for an american exhaust. People loved it, great midtone, idle was very very low grumbling. and WOT was loud but not near obnoxious. I like to have some sound, but not alot. Nothing like a flowmaster. Yeah I would prefer just the tip/muffler, the whole catback is not required for now.

As for remus...I honestly hate them (nothing on you) my friends 06 E500 has a remus exhaust and I never though a benz could sound so horrible.

THe main factor is the oval exhaust tips...I love the fitment.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:10 AM
2nd Gear

you could find any oem rs6 tip and just weld it or bolt it onto the muffler's outlet

Old 04-01-2008, 07:57 AM
1st Gear

you could find any oem rs6 tip and just weld it or bolt it onto the muffler's outlet
I would absolutely do that. Do you know where I can get this item via online?

Also do you know of any good mufflers. Im essentially looking for a little bit of throatiness. If not, the tips would suffice. I'll take a look online and see if I can find them.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear

i would go with magnaflow mufflers ive seen some loud audis

listen i just spent an hour searchin for these damn rs6 tips lol i cant find em anywhere!

Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

i would go with magnaflow mufflers ive seen some loud audis

listen i just spent an hour searchin for these damn rs6 tips lol i cant find em anywhere!
LOL, you and me both buddy. I appreciate your help. I think Magnaflow has an oval tip. I think I'ma go with the maganflow route. This will be after I get my tint in the next 2 weeks.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

post some pics when u have the exhaust hung i wanna hear it too ... good luck

Old 04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Guru

did a search and the tips here http://www.audi-collection.com/Searc...mp;SubLevel=13

look similar to the tips here
http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/rs6/

http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByDepa...haust/AUDI/RS6

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips/Muffler - Yeah I searched