Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Find something wrong with Audi A6 for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 01:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Find something wrong with Audi A6 for sale?

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy this used 2008 Audi A6 with 23,000 miles on it. I've test driven it and the car appears to be mechanically sound. There's a small dent on the driver side bumper and a mechanical problem that's apparently been taken care of by the dealer.

My only area of concern is the fact that the car has only 23,000 miles on it, but costs the same as an A6 with 40,000 miles. Can anyone find something wrong in the AutoCheck? I've been working with the dealer over the past day to purchase me a CARFAX as well so I can compare the two reports, but the dealer is resistant to that. Could anyone with access to a CARFAX run the VIN through?

Thanks and happy new year!

EDIT: The dealer also informed me that the tires are not original on this car, which further worries me since it only has 23,000 miles on it. In addition, both of the keys to the car, the title, and registration are missing (but those can be easily obtained).

Used 2008 Audi A6 4dr Sdn 3.2L quattro | Patrick Volkswagen of Auburn, MA

Last edited by celticpride678; 01-01-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

The vin is on the listing, you should just buy the carfax yourself and see what it says.
The keys missing, those are expensive, so most likely a repo. And that would explain the title issue, may take some time to process a repo title?
As for the tires, stock OEM sport tires are known to wear fast so could someone who drives hard wear them down to a level where a dealer would not want them on a used car, sure.
It is a big investment, just be direct and say you have some concerns and would like the car inspected by your mechanic. Maybe they say take a hike, who knows.
They said is below NADA retail. It is good to be cautious, but may just be a good deal. Also they only had 2 Audis listed, so maybe they just don't want to keep Audis on the lot, for whatever reason. It could be a salvage title.

Last edited by Euge82; 01-02-2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Add stuff
Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Euge82
The vin is on the listing, you should just buy the carfax yourself and see what it says.
The keys missing, those are expensive, so most likely a repo. And that would explain the title issue, may take some time to process a repo title?
As for the tires, stock OEM sport tires are known to wear fast so could someone who drives hard wear them down to a level where a dealer would not want them on a used car, sure.
It is a big investment, just be direct and say you have some concerns and would like the car inspected by your mechanic. Maybe they say take a hike, who knows.
Thanks for the info, I'm just not sure about the price still. The dealer has agreed to buy me the CARFAX if I go to them this weekend.