Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Buy - 05 vs 06 A6

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:00 AM
1st Gear
Default First Buy - 05 vs 06 A6

Hey everyone, first time on the forums. I am looking to buy my first car (a gift for myself), and I'm really setting my heart on getting an A6. I've been researching prices and other little things for a while, but since I'm not too keen on Audi knowledge, I'm stuck with a difficult decision (well at least for me).

So to get to the point: I've been eyeing the 2006 Audi A6 for quite a while, but now am confused with the differences between the 2005 and the 2006. I know they did a pretty big design overhaul in 05, so I can't really notice anything esthetically. Question is: If the two cars were put head to head with same mileage and condition, same packages (lets say tech/s line/premium) what would be the major differences, if any? Are there any mechanical issues witnessed between the years, or is there any major reason I shouldn't go for the cheaper 05's vs the 06's?

Thank you very much...sorry for the question, I'm sure some research would've made a difference, I'm just short on time. Any sort of help is appreciated.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

Both cars are basically the same in respective trim packages. As a rule of thumb it’s always better to buy a car model after its first year debut. The 05 and 06 will look and perform the same. The differences are what you can’t see. Odds are they made minor adjustments to the 06 that they needed the 05 to learn from. All in all the 05 was a solid redesign without too many major advances other than mmc and e-park brake. Good Luck!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the response...I'm loving this forum already
I completely understand what you're saying..now I'm even more excited to go ahead with my purchase...thanks again

Old 07-08-2009, 06:34 AM
1st Gear

Good luck with whichever you get.