Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat-bottomed steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default Flat-bottomed steering wheel

The RS steering wheel looks awesome! I wonder if someone has it on their A6, andwhere to buy one? I have been googling for sometime, but couldn't find it. I will love to replace my stock steering wheel..

If you have it on your A6, be kind enough to share the pics.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Flat-bottomed steering wheel

I also REALLY like the new flat-bottom wheels, when I first saw it on the GTI I couldn't get over it, between that and the DSG paddles, I felt like I was driving a race car, but anyway I wish i could tell you for sure, but that sounds like it would be very expensive. I'm sure you could buy the wheel from Audi, ....for about 500-600 dollars (if not more), but you must first find out if you could get it to fit.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:58 AM
3rd Gear

A long time ago I tried to rotate a flat tire so the flat portion was at the top instead of the bottom but that didn't work.

I suspect thata flatsteering wheel has the same problem and needs to be replaced.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
2nd Gear

ROFL. I love this guy.

ORIGINAL: NH_USA

A long time ago I tried to rotate a flat tire so the flat portion was at the top instead of the bottom but that didn't work.

I suspect thata flatsteering wheel has the same problem and needs to be replaced.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

lol I read that.. and was just like uhhhhh what?

but I agree.. the flat steering wheel is hot.. someone should try it out

Old 12-06-2007, 01:44 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I attempted a home project using some long vice grips and a rubber mallet. I achieved a triangular steering wheel thatworks great while driving straight. I didn't want to be a poser with the rs look on my a6, but I am starting to regret my decision to be unique. On a serious note, I love the look of the rs wheel but have too many other things on my to-do list and toolittle money to add this one at the moment.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Four Ring Circus

I attempted a home project using some long vice grips and a rubber mallet. I achieved a triangular steering wheel thatworks great while driving straight. I didn't want to be a poser with the rs look on my a6, but I am starting to regret my decision to be unique. On a serious note, I love the look of the rs wheel but have too many other things on my to-do list and toolittle money to add this one at the moment.
I think its fine to borrow little styling cues here and there, but I would prefer to select my own rims, not a better version of my car's rims.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: NH_USA

I suspect that a flat steering wheel has the same problem and needs to be replaced.
LMAO!

Its an interesting idea to replace the steering wheel but I think it'd sink money into other mods first.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:21 AM
2nd Gear

Huh... asked for steak, got a burger instead. Any one who can contribute and not just post...

Old 12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
3rd Gear

OK - How about a burger with steak sauce?

We could make it flat on one side or even triangular. If you goto Wendies you can get it square. A salisbury steak is usually oval, but Audi people usually stay away from that because it reminds them of a F O R D. You couldgraduate to a tube steak, ham steak, or steak-in-the-heart as long as your not a vampire.

Quick Reply: Flat-bottomed steering wheel